Vic ride Saturday 31st May 2003
Went out for the reccie ride Sat arvo (24/05)..beautiful day..one problem..the route I was thinking of is way too short...one hour and three minutes (118 km's) Whittlesea to Woodend via the roads I was thinking about (Wallan East, Wandong, Kilmore, Pyalong, Lancefield..) The one idea I can think of is to go from Whittlesea thru Kinglake to Flowerdale, Strath Creek, Broadford, Kilmore, Lancefield, Woodend, New Gisborne and back to Melb, this would mean the Westies would get home earlier at least (maybe for a change??!!) Also met Bill the CBR 600 rider and mate of GDYUP's (He gave you up too, bloke... ) who may be along. Says he's ridden with you guys before... Anyway...any suggestions?? And yes, the roads were nice open sweepers with good bitumen...and since the new section of the Calder has opened the Black Forest Road is just ACE!!! And I did not see any work-mates whatsoever... To the last I will grapple with thee; from Hell's heart I stab at thee; for Hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.
Just one sugestion Blueboy. Don't put so much detail about the ride whereabouts. You never know who's watching, maybe some of your mates??? Just a couple of meeting points, then E mail a few with the planned routes.
Can't be too careful. Hope the ride goes well, it's my weekend to work. (Bummer!)
Cheers, Phil. Riding not talking.
G'day Viking, will meet you at 9:15, BUT where are the roads you are talking about?? Don't know area or roads at all, and too bloody cold to go and get Melways from car!! I think you might mean on the corner of South Rd and some other major rd with a servo at the T-intersection about 1.5km west of Nepean Hwy?? I'll look it up 2mro if i remember. Do you have GPS co-ordinates of where you live?? (I think you're probably saying "WHAT THE..." like Rove now?!?!) ...just joking!

Cheers, Peter
How about the 7/11 on the corner of Bluff Rd and South Rd at 9.15 and we should make the Mobil on Alma/Nepean by 9.30. Do we know how many will be meeting at the Mobil or is it just us from the Bayside Area.

Viking
OK Viking, that 7-11 servo at 9:15 it is!! C u there
Aero/Viking, and you gonna stop by at Alma Rd/Nepean Highway at 9:30??
Yep, may as well to make things run on time, give or take 5 minutes or so.
Hi there guy's long time no see I will be there saturday
Pics taken by rocket rod...

"life's not a spectator sport..."

Thanks for that bigshow!
Thanks, both of ya.
Well done blokes. And as a ride "virgin" with you guys..ta lots...I was blown away!!!! To the last I will grapple with thee; from Hell's heart I stab at thee; for Hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.