what is this
hey guys what is the chrome knob for ? I am guessing it is for fairing protection but hey i really have nfi could someone tell me what it is and where abouts it is mounted?

regards Bill

try again sheesh

Yer right it is a fairing saver but normally its mounted in the bolt hole just above it,mine is anyway?
By the way,thats a weird looking clutch cover?
paint's cool, but why on earth would you remove a front disc?
Peter Altas
BUSA-1
Dunno pete but it seems that most Busa's that are done up in the states are running a single left disc buggers me why I figure if ya got a bike that can do 300 ks I wanna have all the stopping power possible.
thanx for the answers and do u reckon that they save the fairings and are the worth putting on ?

regards Bill
The fairing savers mounted using the fairing bolt aren't as strong as those like the pic that require cutting and use the engine mount. Essentially the ones using the fairing bolt protect if it falls off the stand etc...They tend to snap off at speed (which is probably for the best). The problem with the ones using the engine mount is if it's a high speed bin they can do more damage than they save...

the single disc is for pose value, ie a bike with that much work isn't going to get ridden often...allegedly also for drag racing (reduced weight)

nice bike though
Thanx Bigshow so basically keep away from the posey things

regards Bill
It only needs one disc as the brake is only applied when they roll it in and out of the garage ...

Seriously, though, I think the extra work deserves extra precautions to prevent binning it... not that I want to throw any bike into a car that pulls out...
I personally think the fairing savers are a good thing!As Bigshow says,they wont do much in a big off but they could save thousands of $$$$$ damage if the thing falls over,which is very possible with the busa dickie side stand,unless you've done the mod!
There is a sidestand mod?
A friend of mine was racing his 750 on the track and he had those oggy knob things mounted to it, he had a lowside and when the oggy knobs came in contact with the grass it flipped the bike and turned it into a highside (happy days) so not sure about them my self, damned if you do damned if you don't eh.