Will a Power Commander III USB for '05 Busa fix my backfire
Yeah Max stops it backfiring when you fit an aftermarket exhaust that has less backpressure than std.thats all, no hp advantage unless its setup to reduce crankcase pressures and i don't see much gained there either, not enough vacuum to make a noticable difference.
Thanks for all your input guys.... Much appreciated...
Cheers,
P o t t s . . .
V8 supercars last time i heard were running 18 psi of vacuum in there crank case(dry sumped).Supposedly worth some 20-30 hp.You have to run tighter tolerances though as it sucks the oil off the journals. Glenn the Spa Man, son of kawasuki from easyrider imports
1 to 3 hp gain supposedly, I guess it depends on how much blow by or how worn your rings are and weather or not the airbox hose is collapsing under vacuum. It definately pulls vacuum, I can hear it suck air when I unscrew the oil cap.
PCIII will fix it but not needed unless you have a full pipe system. Just get the bike re-mapped.

I had a problem with my bike running too rich when I got it but it came with a PCIII and other mods so just took a couple dyno runs to fix. Ended up with best results from a full akrapovic map rather then the full yoshi map.

Cheers,
Dave
Thats a typo Spaman----or a new physics law
Its been too long.Right you are gazza.