Injector Cleaners
Just wondering if any of you use an Injector Cleaner and what brands you recommend. I tried some after 12500km's to see if it has any effect. Don't know much about what brands are good but chose to try Nulon.

Falcon Rider

P.S Check out this link to a US hayabusa board. This guy has a supercharged Busa and it looks fantastic.

www.suzukihayabusa.org/cg...1;t=003558
I recently pulled my injectors out to check the last chance filters in the injector bodies themselves & was pleasantly surprised to see the spray orifices clean & free of any carbon deposit's etc. (at least to the naked eye)

The reason I pulled them was that the bike had developed a huge flat spot on acceleration & quit completely at 5000 & turned out to be a 90% blocked return filter & a 100% blocked regulator filter.

The last time I had the bike dyno'd the mechanic ran some injector cleaner through at the same time so it seems to work & keep the injectors clean at least.
I've also just pulled the little bucket filter/screens out of the injectors to clean them and found them surprisingly clean. Unfortunately there was also what looked like little brass shavings lodged in there. Ive occasionally run an injection cleaner additive in the fuel but it feels a bit like magic, I've no idea if it helps or not?
And after cleaning all 8 filters(1 in tank, 2 screens in pump, paper filter in pump, 4 injectors) the bike is still running like a pig at present. I didn't replace the paper filter this time - just sprayed the shit out of it with carby cleaner. So now I'll replace that and pray it fixes the problem.
Of all the bikes I've owned, none has ever been as much of a problem as the busa... but none has gone as hard either. There is hell on earth!
I don't use any injector cleaners, but I always run premium unleaded.

There's a good article in the March edition of Motor magazine about premium fuel. It explains that it is the quality of the detergents in it that keeps everything clean. It claims that running 1 tank of premium out of every four will keep the injectors and other components sufficiently clean.

If anyone wants a copy of that article, let me know.
There is a product called fuel doctors. available from caltex or supercheap auto.
This product is made in Qld and was used to clean large petrol and deisel fuel tanks but has been proven to clean the entire fuel system including those small filters everyone has been talking about, I spoke to them yesterday and they advised 220mm in a full tank to start of and then 25mm per tank. You can't overdose the system but don't get it on the paint mate.
look it up EzCode Parsing Error:=www.fueldoctors.com.au/home. WTFWT?
Try this link

Fueldoctors WTFWT?
Missed you on Sunday, Glenn. Thought you may be along? LTNS!
Ward,

Mayte, my bikes sweeeeeet as now. The paper filter was the culprit, the rest of the system was clean. I havent put the new one in yet but i put the old one in a glass jar and shook it wildly and changed the fuel in the jar about 15 times untill it stopped going jet black from the crap in the filter!!!

I changed the starter clutch too!!!
put the new filter in sometime this week, I think she deserves a wash now

Jes