Cam chain etc
*Ensure the recall work on the Cam Chain and Fuel pump has been done*

Err... apart from asking the dealer is there a way you can tell if this has been done....?

Email
your dealer should attach a recall stick on the frme mine is on the right hand side on the tank so if you look between the tank and fairing you might see it
Surely this problem was fixed for the 2000 model.
.... yeah but mine is a 99 Demo with 3000k on the clock so I dont know if it has been done - I have to rely on the dealers word - cannot find a recall sticker on the bile either.

Ask your dealer to show where the recall sticker is and if it has not got one demand that the work gets done straight away.
My sticker is next to my compliance plate on the R/H side of the frame.
BTW My Busa was made in August/99 and purchased in November/99 and the recall work was done in the main Suzuki warehouse while still in the crate.(So I was told)
Ok - well mine is a later model than yours so perhaps it was fixed 'in the crate' - Anyhow they can tell by the bike's ID number if it needs the fix.

It's going in for a tune next week so I'll get them to check.

Just out of interest did anyone have the bike break with this problem?

Email
I put the bike into Action Sydney to have the Ventura luggage system - they checked the VIN number and it turns out the bike should have been re-called for the cam chain & fuel pump but wasn't.....

They are doing the recall work next Wednesday and they fitted the luggage and various other checks for free.

Email
I had the opposite. They recalled the bike, then told me when I brought it in that the work had been done
hard to get good help these days isnt it!
Not at all,you just have to go to the right place .....!! Boss