fuel consumption help
ok guys i am getting about 210kms to a tank i know others i ride with are getting better could you please post you average so i can go into dealer armed with what my bike should be getting.
i weigh around 120 and getting around 300
I average about 17km/l which usually means I put fuel in at about 270km.If I wanted to test it,I would get well over 300km/tank.
On our ride day - THIS SUNDAY, EVERYBODY - it might be beneficial to all reset our fuel consumption counters and compare after a while. I KNOW I am getting lousy consumption, but I want to be sure before I take the bike in early next week.
I clocked up about 160 kms this morning - some freeway, some suburbs and some supersonic - and I clocked up 350 kms yesterday with Les and Jamie goign down to Lorne for lunch, and I averaged 17.1 km/l.

That comes out to about 360 kms from a tank if I was prepared to push it that far, but 300 of yesterday's ride to Lorne was done on a single tank of petrol (Optimax) and the fuel warning light hadn't come on by the time I stopped to fill it up.
Hey guys I weigh 85 kilos and I get pretty good fuel consumption like you guys do. But what fuel grade do you sue to get the bad consumptions.
And what is the good grade fuel you use to get good fuel consumption. Could some one tell me what the results are if any in (power) when using the new OPTIMAX and do oyu get better fuel consumtion ou t of it.? I have not used this fuel yet...
Thanks Bill..Busa.......!
I almost exclusively use Optimax - always use Premium.

I would be interested in this ride day on Sunday to not just compare consumption, but also see what fuels people are using...
Like most people here, we also exclusively use Optimax. On one occasion we were unable to find a Shell petrol station, so had to fill up with Premium Unleaded from another petrol company (can't remember if it was Mobil, Ampol or someone else!). Anyhow, Gary found that the bike didn't perform as well. There was a definite drop in power. Not sure if there was any change to fuel consumption though.

I would be interested to know if those people getting bad fuel consumption are always two-up or if they are, ahem, heavy. The reason I ask is that I very rarely let Gary go anywhere without me!! Therefore, the total weight our Busa has to carry around most of the time would be close to 145 kilos. The best we have been able to get out of a tank so far is about 270km.

Jo
Nice to hear from you Joanne, looks like not just hubby territory here, good for you.

I have seen about 320k best with freeway riding, otherwise 250 town riding. I ride mostly solo and always use Optimax.
thanks for the info guys time to talk to my dealer
What is optimax?? I've never heard of it, it must be a Victorian thing. Anyway, the most KM's I've been able to get out of a tank is around 330, with about 2L still in the tank - using Premium Unleaded. The worst I've got is 93Km at a ride day at Easter Creek Raceway in Sydney. With normal riding around town I usually average 240Km/tank.
Cheers.
Optimax is a Shell thing. It's their premium unleaded. Definitely not just a Victorian thing. Not with the money they spent on advertising.