TANK PROTECTOR
has anyone removed one of those stick-on tree like tank protectors - and how ??

for whatever reason the one fitted when i bought my bike has shrunk exposing the glue backing and is now fraying around the edges, looks very unsightly,,

i am looking at all options prior to replacing it,

any suggestions????
heat gun (hair drier if not available), eucalyptus oil & much patience. What sort of protector are you looking for? Full one or just one to cover back of tank? I have Geelong Carbon Copy one that looks good (carbon looks cool whatever you put it on)
P.S. if you use heat gun make sure you dont get to excited & burn something!
Cheers
thanks for the tips, i will try it!

i like the look of the one i have but it did not provide sufficient protection and one of my zips damaged the tank when i got too zealous going through some twisties, ,,

i have seen the Geelong Carbon Copy one on jamie's bike and whilst i think its a bit not too elegant, it probably provides better tank protection,

so how much and where?
Les try a product called "De-Solv-it". You can get it from any hardware store and it will not harm paint work but desolves glue. I used it on my tank to remove all the glue from the factory stickers and also to remove the glue from stick-on wheel weights on my wheels.
I also use a Lockhart Phillips 1/2 tank bra to protect my tank, Looks good and costs around $100 from any Suzi dealer.
Good Luck
De-solv-it sounds good. Shame they cant spell! Bought my carbon direct from Phil Parry (makes the stuff) 07 5538 4888 or 0418 745 459. Be careful of 1/2 tank bras, have seen far to many scratch & rub the crap out of tanks when they get a bit loose, & they all do sooner or later.
Cheers
Ive also got tank protector from Phil and its well worth the money.It cost me $95 from action motorcycles he also makes a rear hugger action said $380 for one.But i think I'll give Phil a ring as he has always given me a good discount on all my carbon stuff for the two rf900 i had before the busa.