Clutch Grab
I have asked this question of a couple of Members, but they have had no probs so time to ask the rest.
Has anyone had any clutch grab,slip when letting out the clutch over 2000rpm ?
It dosent happen all the time only some times I am lead to believe it starts to play up around the 6000klm mark and thats when mine started.
No problems here Les ... smooth as ..
Email
Yeah I've noticed that a bit lately, I thought it was just me, but there are times when the clutch doesn't seem to let out as quickly as I release the lever. It started a little while ago and I've just clocked over the 8,000 kms. Is this a warranty issue do you think?
No probs with mine so far at 22000kays.
I've done just over 8000 kms and haven't had a problem.
No Gazza DEFINATELY not a warranty thing Suzuki dont cover clutches under warranty.
I spoke to Action about it and they told me Quote has it taken you this long to notice it they say it is part of the deal for the particular clutch it not only prevents back wheel lockup but also causes this slip/grab type of thing. But from other cases I have found it only starts about 6000klm but Action claim it is there from new Starnge how they say they can fix it for $150.00 though (-:
There is a fix for the clutch and was in an American mag about 11 months ago...
Hmm well there you go someone has even seen a Fix in a magazine, and yet there is nothing wrong with them seems a bit strange there would be a fix then dosent it ?
Oh well I suppose all we can do is wait and see.
Not a fix, just a mod. If you weld up the clutch drive cam & driven cam it turns it into a 'normal' (ie not a back torque limiter type) The springs need to be shimmed up 5mm as well. This allows for full on launches but as with every thing in life there is a trade off. It makes the clutch action much harder & obviously the 'slipper' no longer works so it's much easier to compression lock the rear wheel when going down through the gears. Does this help with your question?
Cheers