Sub-Frame break news ....
I think from now on if i hear of any problems with the busa
im just going to keep my mouth shut.And one thing about Suzuki oz it took me nearly 6 weeks for them to look at my
bike when i had the flat spot problem.
Shouldn't your dealer sort out problems like that though Jamie? I don't take my Commodore back to GMH to have it looked at if the @#%$ter (sorry car) has a problem. Maybe your circumstances were different but a distributor shouldn't be dealing with the public, thats what the dealers are there for. I realise bikes are different from cars but shouldn't we be pestering our dealers for these problems?
How many times are you going to edit that response boss?

HEIDI
I really thought this thread was about fixing the problem (for those of us who think it's a problem) and not who to sue or who to blame. I would like to know about UK Suzuki's fix, and if they have a fix I want to know why USA Suzuki doesn't think there is a problem.
Edited by: 00 so Blue  at: 10/5/00 12:16:18 pm
Dropped my bike in for the 12k service today, and was chatting with the guy in the service department. He is expecting to see the bike that I referred to earlier with the "alleged" break today, and he said that it certainly is a concern if it is not an isolated case. He is totally unaware at this point in time of any frame alternatives.
READ THE @#%$ing POST I'm talking about sensationalism and wrongfull advice to others nothing more
I did go through my dealer who phoned Suzuki a few times.
After many phone calls and a lot of his time wasted he finally got someone who told him to get me to bring the bike to suzuki to get my problem fixed.Then it was my turn to make several phone calls before someone could give me a time to bring it down.And by the way suzuki told him that he could not fix the bike the way they did and would not tell him how even though im sure he knew what the fix was.
Now every bike i have owned has been a suzuki this being
nuber 4 and with the trouble i had just to get it fixed
i was so clos to giving up on suzuki and going elsewhere.
Now i paid $18700 for my bike so i dont think it to much to
ask for a little help to get it going right. And not have to waste so much of my time with all the phone calls just to get someone to help.
Youve missed the point Jamie. What you struck was a dealer who couldnt give a rats arse about learning something himself and just passed you off because your problem was to hard. While your problem was a genuine concern, they obviously didnt feel the need to look at it properly to resolve it themselves. In three years as a service manager at a shop that sold suzuki & ducati, not once did we send a customer to the distributor because it was to hard. We certinally sought help when required & sometimes it took a while to sort it out, but that was it. I'll bet they were happy to see you when you were shelling out your 18 grand, but once it got a bit hard they sent you to suzuki. They probably had 5 guys lined up behind you who only wanted a simple service! Ask Boss what he does if he strikes a problem, as I'm sure he does occasianlly, I dought if he packs the customer off saying "sorry, too hard". He would probably do what ever he could to fix the problem. Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at you, I'm just trying to point out your first point of contact didnt deal with you properly. Hows that for long winded? Edited by: GSXR1000 at: 10/5/00 11:50:26 pm
The dealer i go to is the same guy i have been going to for the last 7 years and he dose give a dam about any problem i have with the bike.Like i have said before he had a pretty good idea what the problem was but on ringing suzuki was told he was not to fix it and to get me to bring the bike in.
It was suzuki who told him for me to get in touch with them.
You sound like you work for suzuki thats what ive heard.
I know what your saying but like i have said it was suzuki who told him for ME to get in touch with them.The guy he spoke to was not JP.Anyway the bikes fine now so Ill more than likely stick with suziki for now.
My dealer is baxter and trngove in ballarat if anyone is up this way and needs help give them a try tell them i sent you as im their no1 customer.I should be i've bought 3 new bikes of them and no4 coming up next year.
My Suzuki dealer sucks here as they @#%$ed my bike up at the 12,000km service (Running heaps rich and using heaps of fuel) so when I went back to complain all they could say is they would contact Suzuki and get back to me. I waited nearly a month and went back to them with an email from PL in Darwin about the same problem he had caused by a kinked fuel line and PL said there was even a service bulletin release saying the return fuel line was too long and needed to be shortened as it was prone to kinking. So they told me they would see what they could find out and after not hearing from them again I called in and they said it might be a blocked fuel filter or kinked hose on the return line to the tank and would want the bike for a whole day to check it out. I ask them to borrow their loan bike as I live 30kms away and they said sorry we don't have one registered so they can't.
I said I would wait till the 18,000km service and get it sorted out then and they might have a loan bike then and sure enough they did when they knew they where getting cash out of me.
When I picked up my bike they said it was just a kinked fuel line (Which I know they must have kinked at the 12.000km service) and it should be fine now and handed a bill for $241.10, a $149.88 being for labour. Now the 18,000km service is just an oil change and they did not even have to change the oil filter as I had it done at the 12,000km service because I think 18,000km is too much for the oil filter to do. (I should have just threw my wallet at them pulled my pants down and said well guys @#%$ me good and proper)
BTW My bike still runs rich and spends most of its time just sitting in the back yard as an extra thing for my dog to @#%$ its leg on because it pisses me off that much.
I've talked to Volvi and Peter about this before on ICQ so they know I'm not talking crap. JP knows the dealer that I take my bike and is welcome to tell them what I think of them because I will never go there or buy another Suzuki as long as @#%$ still flows from my bowels. I do appreciate what JP done for me in sorting out my flat spot by contacting this dealer for me and I wish I had a JP or Boss just around the corner as I'm sure riding would become enjoyable again if I could just get this @#%$ing bike fixed.
I think I might become a Kwaka Whacker and trade the Busa for a new ZX12.
S.H.I.T. you can't even say C.O.C.K. on this board
Does make it hard when you dont know which adjective someone is using! Sorry to hear a s.h.i.t.t.y dealer has ruined a perfectly good bike for you.
Sounds like the same stuff I went through Darryl, and its f.u.c.k.i.n.g frustrating. Boss came to the rescue, and my bike is running brilliantly. And it has made riding more enjoyable, except the part where I've gotta wait for him(Boss-alias WB) to catch up! LMAO
Look at this link

http://www.pemc.co.uk/fellows/

My bike ,one side of the subframe broke...... 3 weeks in hospital with horrific injuries 'cause the bike high sided,I went over the top and then it hit me .This happened 20th July and I'm not back at work yet.

I have a replacement 'Busa (courtesy of the insurance company) and my dealer in the UK is fitting a STEEL subframe at his cost ,as I am sueing Suzuki for my injuries plus costs.

I bet there will be a recall during October!!!!!!!1
Ditto look at

www.pemc.co.uk/fellows/

This is really happening ,and I'm the one in the UK who is taking legal action against Suzuki ,and have been in hospital with horrific injuries.

It could be you next,it's not the weld that goes on 2000 models it's the casting ,'cause they realised there was a problem in late'99 and put more weld on the weld, which then overheated the alloy casting ,changing it's properties ,and causing it to break half an inch or so away from the weld area