Podger Re-Subframe !!
Podger I was interested in your comments on sub frame issue regards exhaust removal.I and several other members had looked at the bike the day previous and had come to a conclusion that if your pillion mounts the bike as in the same manner one would mount a horse then the torsional effect that it has on the subframe is considerable.We noticed that even if you merely pressed on the left pillion peg it would flex.....and the left muffler if fitted does add to the rigidity of the mount as it ties it all together so to speak.As a result if you had a person subject there full weight to this then I should imagine the effect is magnified greatly.I personally have never allowed any one to mount in this way as I have seen to many bikes toppled in the process.After market exhausts may also come into the equation I guess also, ie Akro systems don't use original centre mount under bike where Yoshi systems do, so with one the peg mount supports the system the latter only the muffler.This and many other reasons may be the cause I'm not sure, just spinning some ideas here as to why the problem is occuring.
As for margins in production .....there are many vehicles on the road that the windscreen is an integral part of the body strength to the point that if you remove the screen and jack them up they will bend in the body,and also why most cars must be flat towed and not lifted at the front these days,especially after an accident where usually the screen is the first to go. It will be good to get it all sorted out but as is evident there are a lot of factors to be considered and as always to come up with the remedy one must first isolate the cause or causes.
Ride safe and keep the fat of your pillion seat..........maybe in the mean time Suzuki will issue us with those lovely stickers ! No Fat Chicks ....or Snags ! to be stuck on the pillion seat. LMAO Boss Edited by: Boss2  at: 10/18/00 6:33:53 am
Liked your comments Boss. You seem to keep an open mind on things......excellent tool for troubleshooting! I love the idea about Suzuki furnishing the bumper stickers.....but hey.....all I get is fat chicks....so maybe I shouldn't put that sticker on my bike.

Baby's got back!

USABUSA