Aust. Cam Chain Recall
.. Just spoke to the head mechanic at Action Sydney - he just received a recall notice for the Cam Chain problem - expect a notice in the mail soon from Suzuki ... and beware strange noises in the meantime! :)

p.s. they're still not committing to the sub-frame break yet ...
Email Edited by: Fox  at: 10/13/00 2:34:09 pm
Be Cam Chain TENSIONER and guide recall ! Edited by: Boss2  at: 10/13/00 8:24:18 pm
have you got any more info on this??

when you say cam chain problem, do you mean the chain or the tensioner or the blade??

hhhhmmmm interesting!!!

(or are you conducting an exercise in Chinese whispers??...okay, I'll play ball and post a reference on www.themotorhead.com ......)

I have said before, Suzuki I believe will address the problem to the satisfaction of all.They have a great bike in the Busa,the best value for money in it's class by far at the present time,ride it and enjoy it. Boss Edited by: Boss2  at: 10/13/00 8:26:19 pm
... OK so ... a) I am no mechanic b) This is Australia ...

I only know that there is an Australian cam chain problem with the Hayabusa which Suzuki Australia is having a recall for for ...

I am assuming this is the generic cam chain problem discussed on these and other boards ,,,

I have been told that recall notices are in the mail and that Australian Busa owners will have these notices before the end of October ...

The advice (not from Suzuki) but from this mechanic is that we will be informed shortly ... This mechanics personal advice is ... a) watch for unusual noises ...
b) do not take long trips if possible until the recall is done ...

Cheers ....
Fox

Email
To avoid any wild speculation,your man's info is right on the money Fox.Recall is to replace current Cam Chain Tensioner on Busa with the same unit as fitted to Gsxr 750
models and to also replace current tensioner guide with Gsxr 750 unit as well.I think I said on a previous post to let the experts take care of it.... and they have.Suzuki know they have a great model in the Busa and it stands to reason that they would like to do all they can to keep it that way.They will also take care of the sub frame issue I'm sure also, but there job is not made any easier by information that at times is lacking somewhat in all the details ie a certian bike where the subframe broke which is correct, but a minor detail like it hit a pole before breaking was left out !!!!! go figure !!!
Some may think I'm up Suzuki's bum .......... not at all I own a Yamaha and a Kwaka it's simply a matter of it's fine to knock but you also have to give credit where it's due.I could name a hundred features of this bike that are spot on but when one or two things are wrong the mass's pounce and condemn. (Funny some one from cement city accused me of doing that mmmmmmmmmmmm funny Ha Ha )

So of and ride your Busa
Enjoy it in every way
Better than any drugs
More buzz for buck I'd say

And when you get back home
If your not coming of a high
Question your reasons for riding
And then give something else a try

Boss Edited by: Boss2  at: 10/14/00 7:50:52 am
Whens the book due out Banjo pete.
Just found out, it is happening in UK too.
Evidently Dept. of Transport are involved also

'bout F$£*&ing time!!!!

thanks for the Heads up Fox and Boss
... must be a global re-call ... well I'm going for a ride down the south coast - hope everything hangs together!
Email
99 & 00?
I believe so ... but have a look at the actual US recall notice at:

http://www.themotorhead.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000394.html
Email
Fox

US hasnt had a recall yet.

That is a UK letter (same as mine)

Evidently the USA is going to have to wait 8-10 weeks due to back ordered parts. (this is what I hear from other sources)

UK letters were started to be received Thursday morning. Some still havent had theirs though.......

Bandaid Fix until recall done?? TMH bolt mod...simple, 2 minute job...stops plunger backing out.
Go to his site and find the info!!
It actually doesn't stop it !!!!
By putting bolt in rear all bolt has to hold plunger is the friction created between end of actuating rod and bolt !!It will make it a little harder to retract but it doesn't stop it from retracting.
Plunger can still BACK OUT (I have tried it) also if you do do this, do not overtighten it as you will jump the circlip of the front of the tensioner assembly to send the parts tumbling deep into the bowels of your engine.