Engine Oils
Hi there world wide Busa Owners I'm Bill and live in Australia in the city of sydney and Im yelling out a big hello to you all.
Well guys I am in the market for a bike preferably a Busa after my initial test run i have my eye on the Busa.
But what i would like to know from sydney busa owners and world busa owners is what would be the best engine oil to use for the busa.?
Would you stick with normal mineral oil or would sinthetic oil be good.?
I would appreciate world wide feed back on this Engine oil subject. Many thanks to you all.
hey

stick with running in oil supplied for reccommended period. I then went Mobil 1 M/C specific fully synth.

very happy with the results.
Beaumont, Texas here...

Just finished break-in miles on my Busa. I plan on changing to Mobil 1 10W40 after a few regular oil changes....Probably will go with the synthetic at about 2500 miles on bike.

I had a 2000 Katana (dont laugh....I sold it and bought the Busa!) and went to Mobil 1 at about 3000 miles. I could hear a difference in rpms and engine sound. I am sold on the synthetic!

USABUSA
Thankyou Mr Numnuts I appreciate your synthetic oil feedback.
I just have the car oil changed to synthetic with a LUCAS oil Enhancer additive I see the difference in fuel consumption and more pulling power.This is bases an a 4.1 litre fuel injected motor.
See the main reason for me asking is not only to get valuable feedback from Busa owners but a mate of mine had a @#%$ 1000 motor rebuild and I asked him to tell his mechanic if it was ok to use synthetic oil after the initial running in period. He told me that the mechanic did not recommend using it because it would glaze up the cylinder bores. ? Well that did confuse me.!!
So I went as I said above synthetic in my car and I see and feel the difference, my car has about 180 000 kms done so far.
Many thanks mate ......!!!
Thanks Mr USABUSA.
I have read your message and I understand with intense clarity the use and advantage of synthetic oil now.!
Cheers Mate......!
Ride Safely Now !......