A place to copy posts to before deleting...
Put the topic name in, date deleted, then paste the topic and all details of poster, including IP. Easiest is to copy and past all text (both columns....)
Clean up - 9/11/00

GSXR1000
Australian Club Member
(8/24/00 11:07:16 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Tyres
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shouldnt you be in bed at this time of night JP?

JP
Unregistered Guest
(8/24/00 11:49:09 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Tyres
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh but this is so exciting.

Volvi
Australian Club Member
(8/25/00 4:52:04 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Tyres
Good to see your still around JP. Don't be a stranger.

Fox
Australian Club Member
(8/26/00 12:35:22 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Tyres
FWIW I always thought OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer too ....

Email

rr
Unregistered Guest
(8/26/00 6:50:02 am)
Reply | Edit | Del oem
s@#%$,s@#%$,s@#%$,and I thought it was the model number.............always wondered how come there where so many named the same model.

rr
Unregistered Guest
(8/26/00 6:55:15 am)
Reply | Edit | Del oem
excretions,excretions,excretions,or poo,poo,poo !! S ort of lose's it in the translation somewhat.Why can't you just simply say S.H.I.T.

Boss2
Registered Guest
(11/12/00 9:39:51 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Which Tyres do you prefer using?
I see you wisely removed several posts from here last evening. It's okay I printed them off. Boss
Ride Hard But Safe
Not deleting, yet, just copying to document...

busababy
Australian Club Member
(11/15/00 4:32:44 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Dyno and tweaks
the airbox mod is very very simple to do yourself richard, give me a call and i will explain, won't cost you a cent, and you do not need any expensive air filters either,,

BigMac088
Australian Club Member
(11/15/00 5:56:31 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del re tunes an tweaks
Hi again,

I thought this thread would get some interest ... and rightly so ...

I suppose the airbox mod can be done by yourself but why risk screwing the bike to save a few bucks. The resistor mod involves removing the clutch and various bits and pieces, digging into a sealed sensor unit then removing the CORRECT resistors. Yeah I could probably do it too, but again, same why risk it.

The topper is to have the bike dyno tuned by someone who knows --- boss did mine yesterday as well as a service. You really need to do the whole package to get the benefit but the beauty of the whole thing is that all you are really doing is allowing the donk to run to its maximum potential. No radical mods and the expensive is minimal.

I hung around the whole time and again, although I could probably do the mods myself I wouldn't bother. If you screw it up at home you then have to cart the whole mess somewhere to get it fixed.

As Pete is the one to do the research, work out the details on his own bike to get it right - not to mention spending the $$$ on the dyno - he is the one you should talk to about details.

Try 03 979900531

I doesn't matter if he is part of this club, that club or any other club. He did a good job for me and all I can do is recommend the mods, and Petes work, highly ... even his coffee ain't that bad

If you are not in Melbourne I guess thats another problem but again contact the boss..it is well worth the phone call.

best regards to all

bmac

C43
Australian Club Member
(11/15/00 7:19:49 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: re tunes an tweaks
Bmac, All your praises sung are true...had the Boss man do my bike last week and the results are phenomenal. Now with mods there are two ways to go, one being an interested 'I'll try this at home...' or "I better get this done right'. I chose the latter and yep! pete does know what he's doing...no doubts about that! And Busababy, with all due respect, how in the world can you make a claim that an expensive air filter is not needed. The entire modification is based on free flow theory and to clog it up with a cheap third rate filter is not the way to do it. Please, if you want to give advice, give the right sort and not lead people down the garden path...thats not what a club is about!
And if you want to know what gives me the authority, well I own a performance modification warehouse for high performance cars for over 9 years now and I know what brings results in time an time again...and the first place you start is the air intake and air filter! My apologies if I have offended you...not my intention.

busababy
Australian Club Member
(11/15/00 9:23:26 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
NO OFFENCE TAKEN OR GIVEN
well c43 i take no offence, but with all due respect, you should get your facts clear before mouthing off, my information comes from someone who has had a lot more experience with suzuki than you and boss combined,,

so here you are trying to offend me without trying to offend me by declaring to the world that i'm "leading people down the garden path" and that suzuki supply and fit a "cheap third rate air filter" to the busa, this is the same air filter that allows a stock standard busa to perform like no other bike on this planet,,

well i suppose with your 9 year high performance motorcar warehouse experience coupled to boss's 6 months on a busa, you must know better,,

regardless, i (and i suppose most other busa owners) would be extremely keen to see your test performance data (and dyno figures) that you obviously have compiled, measuring the difference between the factory air filter element and your "expensive high performance" after market one - maybe the figures will surprise all of us - it certainly wouldn't make me unhappy,,

no offence intended here either, just responding to clarify,,

BigMac088
Australian Club Member
(11/15/00 11:11:23 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Clarification on the air filter
Boy oh boy are some of you lot sensitive! I'm glad we are not talking about something serious - like politics ...... next ride day I get to I will go last so you can all be heros ... cmon fellas lighten up ...

Just for info - after the airbox mod the same air filter went back in the bike. I am nor aware of any o better or worse items on the market but it works fine with the one the bike came with.

I am almost sorry I started this thread - not really cos others might benefit.

Anyway I don't give a rats backside who has more experience than who .. the simple fact is that Petes modifications work. Nor could I care less if anyone believes me or not because I am reaping the benefits while you lot argue.

For those interested I will scan the dyno chart as soon as I get a chance and post it for all to see.

bye now

bmac

Snaggs
Australian Club Member
(11/15/00 11:16:05 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Doh
You've missed the point Les, the air box mod is one improvement and the filter is another. The performance filter will improve air flow, with the air box mod or not. Nice to see you bagging Boss yet again. Where did you get 6 months from?(somewhere along that garden path I suppose!) The bagging continues even when he left your board alone.......your a real downwer, Les. Why do you think the other board was started?

Boss2
Registered Guest
(11/15/00 11:27:54 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Doh
I'd be carefull Les or Suzuki might find out how you tried to fit your own manual tensioner that I sold you and when you slipped the cam chain and stuffed it..........well we know the rest don't we.
Ride Hard But Safe

C43
Australian Club Member
(11/15/00 11:28:56 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del offence?
No offence taken...I believe in accepting criticism as much as I give it. Nevertheless, if air filters were 100% effective in the manner intended to perform, racing teams around the world would not be using high flow filters..just cheap ones. The point here you see is the one of economic viability and when manufactured to a cost for a mass market purchase then costs are kept down to entice customers with a certain level of set affordability. Thats the economics...which goes on to explain why machines like Ducati's come with KingDragon filters..a K&N alternative, because they are higher priced and allow for the good gear. And maybe your friend has got more experience with Suzuki's and not to take away his know how nor his expertise but an internal combustion motor is an internal combustion motor and they ALL work the same! Fact is fact...around the world..performance filters are used over stock OEM ones (which is not to say that the OEM filter on the Busa is no good..just not great). And you know what, if the Boss has had 6 months experience with The Hayabusa and he has managed to figure out the ins and outs, kudos to him for he has succeeded where others have not and it shows that its not just time but resourcefulness and ingenuity that allows engineering to develop and advance our lifestyles. A better filter gives better performance, its as simple as that (and its not always HP....). Flow rate is an involving subject which is supported by thermodynamics (which incidentally I majored in University for my Grad dip). there are facts that I will certainly concede to me not knowing but this is not one of them....

BigMac088
Australian Club Member
(11/15/00 11:44:31 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del So there ......
I feel like the liitle guy who starts the brawl then sits back to watch the fun..... what a hoot...

Gazza
Australian Club Member
(11/16/00 2:21:55 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: So there ......
Is it any wonder I stopped posting here? *shaking my head in dismay*