Aftermarket Exhausts
Hi,
I have had my Busa a week now and already I am aching to get a louder exhaust with a bit of tone to it,
can anyone recommend a new "Can" preferably Carbon Fibre as my bike is Charcoal and Black and I think it would suit the best.
Now I don`t want excessively loud but something that sounds good, looks trick, will use the original pipes and won`t brake the budget.

Thanx
try a megacycle at $800 for a piar fo carbon cans you cant go wrong.Ph 0397691200 they look and sound great.
hey jamie, what you doing at home already??? you must have been speeding, i only just got home,,

fabulous ride hey?

cheers
les

Any thoughts on the choice between a Yoshi can and an Akrapovic. Some say that Yoshi do a lot more work with Suzuki racing but I have seen a lot of guys buying Akrapovic. Any good reasons ?
Yes as Akropovic is known to be the better. When you see superbikes racing most have Akropovic. But theyre not cheap and only available in full 4 into 1 racer. I have them. Yoshis have know to rust, not sure if they still do, but you can get the 2 cans as replacememnt for the stocks. Oval is nice. But my advise is to get them to put a few different cans on and then choose based on their sounds.
good comments/advice. Thanks
I HAVE FITTED MEGACYCLE CARBON CANS SOUND GREAT LOOK EXCELLENT AND MEGACYCLE SEEMS APPROPRIATE!
Megacycle here as well. Very happy.
Hi OhzOne, I fitted a single oval carbon muffler to mine that looked great, sounded great & was only $550 odd dollars when I bought it way back. It gives you that '4-1 look' without the cost. Give Kym a call at Ballistic mufflers (if you can get hold of the bugger) on 03 5229 8848 or 0418 996 131.
Well worth a look. I think there is a photo of mine on the home page photo section. All black Busa but a shitty photo.
Cheers,
Wayne
Dont think I made it clear that it is a single muffler & the left pipe is removed & plugged. (all parts supplied)
P.S also saves about 6 kilos in weight!
Cheers again,
Wayne
G'day one and all,

On the subject of exhausts, if you are after bolt on mufflers, you won't do too much better than the Megacycle items. They are good quality and fit well, with the added bonus of lifting the HP slightly.

If we are after maxium power for dollar consider the Arrow system, it really works and is of reasonable cost.

If you are into the maxium power and the look, then the Akrapovic is the way to go. It will cost far more than the Arrow system and as yet the Arrow seems to produce the better power.

However, whatever you decide do get someone with quality workmanship and the right gear to do the re-mapping. It will only enhance your choice of system.

Regards Col
Thanks for your comments Col, and any input from you on this board is much appreciated and truly welcome, seeing that we have heard so many great things about your expertise on the Hayabusa.

May I ask you to comment on a few other topics such as the back torque limitor mod, which I shall post a new topic on, and perhaps your opinion on the denso iridium plugs.

I am sure your comments would be appreciated by all our board readers and not by me alone.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks everyone
you have given me food for thought, I probably should have mentioned I am in Perth so someone local would be a bit easier but none the less armed with good info and some advice from the People and Firms you have mentioned I am sure I can make an educated purchase

Regards Brian

Hi All,
I have Roo racing cans fitted to mine and they sound great and have the carbon fibre look as well. Approx $600 a can I believe, but am having a lot of trouble down low due to some guess work on the mapping, that I'm slowly trying to get on top of. Needs Dyno work etc....Thats what happens when you buy 2nd hand and not a lot of info has been shared around. In a shoot out done at Witch Cycles in WA just recently, they scored very well.
Thanks,
Rob
dont let being in perth put you off im in brisbane and megacycle is in melbourne rang them on phone they sent cans up by courier local dealer fitted them done
you can even fit them yourself
if you want to see a pic i have a red black post your email ill send you a pic