Aftermarket Exhausts
Unless you are prepared to spend a VERY long time on an eddie current dyno altering the PC2 tables they are a waste of time and money. I've had a PC2 with the Akropovic map on mine and realized a 6 bhp increase when I took it off. The maps (tables) available are generated from American ECU's. These are generally leaner than the ECU's fitted to E24 (Australian) ECU's so that when they are downloaded to our bikes the fueling is too rich. I've also run an American (E03) ECU in mine and believe me we are getting the better end of the deal.
Thanks John, good to know and am sure it will answer other lay ozzies who may have been wondering about it and great to hear that we have the best ECU's.
Has anyone got the Staintune cans, and if so any comments on sound, fit, finish, performance, etc?
www.staintune.com/gsx1300.htm
my carbon megacycle is a nice deep note not too loud
and as for power 164 hp on dyno
Where can I get a good dealon Akrapovic in Sydney ?
What's a good price ?
hi bluviper,

is your carbon megacycle a 4-1 or two slipons? and did you do a dyno run before and after? and was there a real gain?

an air box mod would now complement that real nice and give you a 3-4 hp increase and a crisper throttle response,,

cheers
les
Has anybody tried Remus exhausts and have a comment as to what they are like

Brian
hi brian,

i have remus slipons round polished alloy, and i reckon they are the best, as far as sound is concerned, they even sound better than the akro 4-1 according to many including me - as far as power increase, not sure but who cares,,

i've tried the ovals and they did not look or sound as good as the rounds, they also have carbons and titanium,,

the only critisism i have about this model is that the cans are about 10cm shorter than the stock and i would have preferred them about the same length - but its not an earth-shattering issue,,

i went to remus direct (not that they are into direct selling) and they fitted them whilst i waited (10 minutes) first trying the ovals for looks and sound,

the quality is superb the price was a grand 12 months ago, if you want to see a photos of them on my bike let me know,,

cheers
les
I'll vouch for that, they sound better than my akropovic. The akros sound more like a racer which it is, whilst the remus has a deeper louder rumbling tone which does sound good.
The Remus pipes do sound good. The polished pipe suits Les' bike, but for most others, I think the carbon fibre looks better. But, love me Megacycles...

All fixed up now, they got all the gravel rash out of the pipes and recoated them. They are looking great again. No stickers at the moment, though...