POWER CORRUPTS
Any explanatory notes to come? 196 is pretty awesome!
1363cc Pistons
Head Ported
Stainless steel valves
A.P.E valve springs
AirBox Modified
Power Commander 2
Yosh Stage One cams
hi gixx1300r,

those figures are pretty awsome, but all that engine work just to get 196 hp??? there are people around here claiming close to 190 hp with just a few mods and no engine work at all !! pretty hard to believe huh?????

anyway, i'd be interested to know your costings for the work you had done and i suppose it must be one awsome busa you got there,,

thanks very much for the info,,

cheers
les
I have done extensive testing on Hayabusa motors for the last year.The Hayabusa motor will not produce 190hp corrected.Some dynos read high and some dyno operators know how to adjust their dynos to give good horsepower reading to please the customer.People can claim what ever they want.Some people like to use the highest uncorrect number that is availible.The max I was able to get from my Busa with extensive tuning was 173 horsepower,at that time my bike had an Akrapovic exhaust,Power Commander 2 and my Airbox mod.Dont belive everything you hear.
....and only a fraction of what you read. as many of youl know I had my bike dyno'd by Peter. whether or not the 164 he got was accurate or not is irrelevant to me. the bike goes like the clappers. it'll pick the front wheel up if I give it a handful in 2nd and my bike is stock. I don't need to chase 196, I have more than I know what to do with already!
hi again gixx1300r,,

thanks for your input here, you have only confirmed what i have always believed, tickle here and tickle there and whammo, you have fairy ponies everywhere,,

to get real figures like yours you need to do some real work on the machine - as you have confirmed, not sure if it is all warranted given that the stock busa is already such a powerful beast, but it horses for courses (excuse the pun),,

great stuff gixx1300r,,

cheers
les

The Cams that I used are very mild.Another 5 horsepower can be gained by going to Webcams which I will be doing after the holidays.I am also modifying a set of TL1000R 52mm throttle bodies to fit the Hayabusa.