Yoshi pipes
Feeling like giving myself a Xmas pressy, I just priced some Yoshi slip-ons and I found out an intersting point: for only a couple of hundred bucks more, you can get complete 4-2-1 system. Cost was $1600 and change versus $1300. I ordered the 4-2-1
-gb

I suppose its looks v performance and performance won, huh?

Everyone deserves a Xmas pressy and I suppose a 4-2-1 for a busa owner is right there at the top. You are pretty generous. So what's next, nickel plated wheels?

Cheers
Les

Nickel wheels eh? Where do I get them? have you got them?
-guy
hi again guy,

yep, i have nickel plated wheels, footpeg brackets, bar-ends and pillion grab rail,,

go to url below to view photos of my bike,,

albums.photopoint.com/j/A...&a=9738589

you have them done by;
Electromold (Vic)
202 Holt Parade,
Thomastown, Victoria
Tel(03)94640922 - Anthony Cook

cheers
les
How much? Does the finish last well? (I know bugger all about nickel plating.
-Guy
not sure about the current price, as i had mine done over a year ago (around $400 a rim),,

the finish is better than chrome, very easy to clean and does not require polishing,,

give the place a call they can send you a brochure with info and prices,,

cheers
les
MMMMMMM......Nice look......I like them.
Why plate rather than polish? is the finish better? does it have any negative effect on the wheels (ie weaken) or any thing like that?...I think I might get that done too. Looks heaps better than black !

Regards

O'l Cahn
hiya o'l cahn,

polished alloy requires constant care as the alloy surface oxidises, so you have to keep polishing it and some coat them with lacquer which tends to 'dull' the surface a bit and it's still not a permanent solution, nor has it the lustre of nickel plating,,

nickel is a very tough coating and remains shiny without the need for polishing, all you have to do is wash it or clean it with a product like mr sheen, it doesn't weaken the alloy and appears to have no downside at all,,

the quality of the nickel finish is only as good as the surface preparation which is polishing, so the secret to a good nickel finish is in the polishing - the higher the quality of the polish, the better the nickel finish and therein lies one of the reasons for the expense - although nickel ain't cheap either,,

i hope that all helps,
cheers
les

got any photos of these nickel rims (on a blue busa)
not on a blue only on copper and a better view in the picture below showing the plater's own bike,,

Edited by: busababy at: 1/13/01 6:10:27 pm