Stolen Busa.
My Busa has also been stolen today, or last night out of my driveway, the mongrells!! It is red and black, tank cover, 4-1 Yoshi sys. and number plate BUSA..yes the original....dam it's frustrating, especially after just getting it back after a spill and repair job...Please keep your eyes open and let me know if you see it around, although, somehow I doubt it will ever be seen again, is there a racket going on or what??......Heidi, I know how you feel......sniff,,,sniff....
Hi Robster

My condolences to you too, ditto re what I wrote to Heidi. It's all a bit frightening. Better go out and check my bike I suppose. The centre of the lounge room is looking good.

Cheers
Les
I just went out, and yes, it's still there...
Where are you located? The police were wondering if there was a ring.

My email is hpritchard@nla.gov.au

HEIDi xxx
All of this is making me quite paranoid, even though my bike is still out there in the garage, I hope - shit I better go and have another look!

Maybe it's time we take up arms. The ironic part is that the recipients of these "stolen" busas or busa bits are obviously busa lovers or owners - but are they human????????????? and if they are, they better not be one of us.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
les

Condolences to you 2
My busa is not insured i hope you 2 had yours insured ?
Where are these stolen bikes going ?
PPL buy smashed ones from the auctions and steal Yours/Ours to get the smashed ones back on the road?
Other riders drop theres and cant afford to fix it
they know thieves and bingo there goes your bike
The motors from these stolen busas maybe are ending up in
amateur race bikes, drag bikes, or off road buggies?
There are crooks everywhere
Who knows
They have to end up someware and i think the police should get off there butts and go have a look at the auctions and see who is buying these smashed bikes and suss them out.
Its not only busa's that are at risk its all roadbikes
So lock em down good !
And keep em safe
Thanks for your comments and condolences, luckily my bike was insured but it's still painfull. Heidi, I am on the Mornington Peninsula in Vic, and for any others out there in this district, ensure your machines are well locked down. There was a report in our local paper about a spate of high performance bike thefts in this area over the past weekend, there's obviously a racket going on and it seems these thieve's are pro's as bikes were taken from locked garages. It's almost worthy of going out and getting alarms fitted.
G'day Robster,

Same goes for you as I posted to Heidi.

These barstards need stringing up.

Regards Col
My commiserations to both of you. This club has been going close on to 2 years and we have hardly heard of any stolen bikes. There was 1 in the early days from an early member, who had his bike stolen from underground locked up parking, but nothing since to my knowledge, then boom 2 within 24-36 hrs. coincidence?

What can I say to alleviate the hurt, only perhaps that an all silver 02 may alleviate the pain. But one does grow attached to ones own little baby. I know I am, and its coming up to 2 years old. The only bike I have had in over 30 years of riding that still doesnt bore me. Busa still rules.

Heidi, you didnt mention the colour of your bike, if I remember its a blue/silver.
Yeah, blue/silver.

I feel like they've taken an arm, then again, bones heal, skin grows back.

I can't afford another one, I'm looking at something I can at them moment. Don't know what it is, but it wont be a bus.

Will you guys still talk to me on something else?
Heidi - Pushing your luck...
Actually, I take it, then, that it was not insured...
Insured, but they wouldn't cover for the full amount (bastards). I'm right in the middle of signing up for a mortgage. BY the time I take into consideration the couple of grand needed for a newie, plus the increased insurance, plus rego and stamp duty, I just can't afford it. The bus is damn expensive to run anyway and it just can't be done.

I worked damn hard for that bike and someone just took it.

Just as an aside, the cops have been really helpful to me. Ok, there is no bike sitting in my driveway, but they are looking and ringing me twice a day to keep me updated. I know they are trying. I have more faith in the Rebels though, I have them on the case.
Heidi I dont know how much the insurance company is going to pay you but you should give the guys at Sunstate motorcycles in Qld. a ring as they have a second hand Busa for sale for $13900 at the moment and thats where I bought my Busa from,they seem to get a few in and they are quite good to deal with so they may be able to pick up a good second hand one for you .If not if you come over to Tassie any time I will allways take you for a ride that way you get to feel the power of the Busa
p.s hope the Rebels catch up with the bastards as that way they will get what they deserve.
regards
Busa
My commiserations Heidi. While I am trying to sell mine, I will miss it dearly and to have it stolen out frm under me would be so much worse.
Busa, you made mention of Sunstate Motorcycles....I'm interested in contacting them re sale of my 2000 model as I have had no bites privately. Can't find a contact number for them. Could you provide one please. jat62@optusnet.com.au
JT
can you supply eng & vin numbers so we can keep an eye out?