Has anyone ridden their Busa in the rain yet?
We went out last night and got caught in a downpour. About 5-10 minutes into the ride we stopped at a set of lights and an excessive amount of steam began rising from the right-hand side of the engine. This happened a couple of other times when we stopped, and then when we got back home we noticed that the right-hand side of the instrument cluster was fogged up. The temperature guage was normal the whole time. Has this happened to anyone else?
Have frequently ridden in rain. The steam usually rises (not excessively, though) - and I must say, it looks good in the dark with the steam rising through the beam of the headlight. Insrument panel has not fogged, though....
Have been caught many times in the rain, once particularly when touring tasmania in february this year, it was a shocker, the rain was so bad that i couldn't see more than a few metres ahead and we were hitting speeds of 130-140 k (a bit foolish in hindsight)anyway, the bike handled it very well,, another time i was riding with a very bald rear tyre and the road surface was wet and when i twisted the throttle the back wheel let go instantly - in a straight line, backed off and it readily regained its exposure....
I've also had quite a bit of experience riding in the rain (and the snow, hail, sleet, etc), I've seen the almighty head of steam the bike gets up at the lights, but my instruments have never steamed up. Did they clear soon after?

I'm currently riding with a bald back tyre and it has been raining here every night for weeks. Today is 7 degrees and snow. On the ride in I was starting to wonder if there was something wrong with the bike or if it is simply massively unstable under these conditions.... I'm putting it down to the conditions and the 12 stitches I have on my bicep at the moment (hang on, now I think about it, the bike probably has every reason to be unstable).

HEIDI xxx

P.S. Hmmm.... aren't I having a winge!
Good question. Not sure how long it took for the instruments to clear up. Got home, left the bike in its dry, warm parking space and went to bed! Didn't get a chance to check the bike this morning before coming to work. Feel a bit better knowing that we're not the only ones "steaming up"! Will definitely ask Action about the instruments fogging up though.
I try not to ride in the rain, but I have been caught out a couple of times. Twice in the first week I had the bike in fact. Twisted the throttle a bit too much and the back wheel stepped out a bit but I backed off straight away and it came back just fine. I think though, it's a lot of bike for really wet conditions even on a good tyre as they don't really have a lot of grooves in the tyre to let the water escape. It doesn't take much for it to let go.

I haven't had problems with the fogging though, even when Jamie took us up through the arctic conditions or Trentham and Daylesford. *LOL*
Onya Les for getting your id pic to work, but...but..on the Vulcan??????? Reckon we should ban him!....lol
ok ok volvo, i just thought it would demonstrate my unbiased attitude and also introduce a cat amongst the pigeons, just to keep everyone on their toes,,,,
Been caught out twice this week.Id like to hear what the people say when i pass them i"ve got a bad habit of trying to get home quick when its wet.Between B/Marsh and home i'll sit on 160/180 at times.Stupid i know but i get home quick.
No argument here Jamie.....STOOOOOOPID!!! *pouring another red wine....hic*