To Clear The Air !!!!
Well Volvi I'm afraid it's your board and your call so sorry you feel the way you do,mayb'e my bluntness for which I'm known is a little to blunt for you.I think Gazza summed it up in a more delicate and suttle way.There was no slur mean't directly against Richard,simply to state the obvious that if you look at the postings there are plenty of posts about what colour T-shirts to wear (which I believe was my suggestion in the first place) than anything technical or informative about the bike.To prove a point when Les posted asking about high performance air filters how many replies........?? Thats it NONE.
If this club is about riding a Busa as a fashion statement then for those thats there thing,then fine but not for me and you can delete me from the board Volvi if that be the case,as I have ridden bikes before it was fashionable and will still ride them when it's no longer fashionable or trendy as they say.To repeat what I said before in that Gazza has really summed it up as good as I could so sorry to have stepped on your toes there Volvi but as they say sometimes the truth hurts a little I guess.But what colour the bike is,what colour the T-shirt is,will the jacket match the bike etc etc etc means jack @#%$ to me and really interests me even less.I have spoken several times about having a workshop and information night\day well the reason it has never happened is due simply to lack of interest by the majority,I think about four or five people tops showed any interest at all.I am probably wasting my time here also at 7 am before work but well I speak as I feel thats me and to those that don't like and can't accept it is for them to deal with.So to sum up for any one who would like information or help with there bike I can do my best to assist and all they need to do is ask,as for the crap and wank side of it..........I'm not here Boss
Boss,

I do not know anything about high performance air filters, hence I do not reply. I know what I would like to see on a t-shirt - hence, I put effort into that. And I suspect, there are many members who know what they want from a shirt, and what a group where they can belong, and do not know what options there are in air filters. I hope that when I have a question on air filters, that someone will be able to help me out - THIS IS A SIGNIFICANT PART OF THE CLUB AND THE BOARD! However, another significant part of the club is a feeling of belonging and being able to have fun together - and we all have opinions on this.

I hope we can attract some people with real technical know-how, and I hope as a group we can offer them something.

I would do everything within my ability to come to any workshop which has a technical learning aspect, just as much as I try to come to any fun ride day.

Richard

p.s. People will not be banned from this board for having an opinion Let's not get hung up about our differences.
p.s. Air is clear as far as I am concerned!
Thanks for your comments Peter. A point I must bring up is that when trivia or a subject of no interest is put on the board then the reader is not obliged to click on the column and read the contents. If I post subject say "changing my busa colour to PINK" then no one need have to read any posts there-in, ignore it and move on to another subject of interest, (thats what I would do if such a subject appeared).

We are always going to get matters of trivia and thats fine it's communicating and you as well as I would like to see as much communication as possible and to encourage new posters posting. You have asked for it in the past as many of us have.

Peter there are many of us most interested in a workshop, you know that I have spoken to you on this a number of times. Please post in a new subject what you propose and I am sure there will be many responses, we are all waiting in anticipation what you may have to offer.

On a final point let me clearly state to one and all, this is not my board or my club alone, it's for each and everyone of us, and I am just one member amongst all the others.

Looking forward Peter in reading any posts that you may post. I bare no ill feelings towards anyone, the air is cleared as far as I am concerned. Lets encourage all to use the board even if it may be deemed as trivia.
my two cents for what its worth
the whole idea of a club is to exchange information and share experiences with like minded individuals i dont care if its a new paint job,t-shirt,ride day info,or how to squeeze an 2hp but some mechnical miracle we all look for something different and we all should contribute but also we need to remember to smile its really not that serious
I'm with you Bluviper