Why Isn't The Board Boarding (Or Loading)
Hey Richard
do some administrating and get this board to work for us would appreciate it greatly thanks.It say's done when all it's done has blanked the page, have tried three different servers and they are all the same.So please use your powers empowered upon you and do a tune up for me.Thanks Boss
Could'nt agree more! Why go from a perfectly good discussion board to this? I also have "blanking" problems constantly! Also, looking for a specific post with this layout is harder. Maybe a vote from all the members to see which board was better should be in order.
P.S Had a great day yesterday - great to see so many Busa's roaring along the highway!
Beyond my control. Could be your machine, your version of Internet Explorer/Netscape Navigator, or even your service provider. It probably is not a setting, if it is intermittent. I rarely have a problem, but is it more prominent on pages with a lot to load. such as a lot of images? If so, it could be something timing out and saying "done" even though it isn't - this is a service provider or line speed issue.

Sorry, have no helpful suggestions. Maybe when we have our workshop... You log on from home, no? From a laptop, or desktop?
I don't have any of these problems. It must be your setup.
p.s. Boss,

Given that you indicated you didn't want/need a discussion board workshop, thought you weren't having problems...
Board always works for me everytime. Though sometimes maybe at peak hours it can load slower, but a little more waiting always comes through. Maybe you have a setting problem in your browser causing it to time out early.
Well Richard my mistake I thought the workshop maintenance night was for bikes like the important stuff and I figured that unless John Phillips was running it(Little chance of that as he has obviously wiped his hands of the club) then it wouldn't be of much advantage to me so I answered accordingly.How ever I was mistaken obviously as it was pertaining to computers.Now considering I have five computers here of which three are on the net and also have three different servers find it hard to see how all my computers, that all run different configurations are all playing up (I even use different phone lines for them.I had no problems with the previous board and have not changed the configurations of my computers since,only the board has changed and that is when I started to get problems.So after smoking my pea sized brain for some time,and approaching the problem in a methodical manner, I figured lets look at the element that has changed.being the board format.I have the problem with no other board and only experience the problem whilst in here. But it's ok I can live with it the solution is really simple. Boss
No probs on my end and know phuck all about computers.
Peter, I have contacted EZBoard. It is probably something to do with your browser set-up. They are going to get back to me with some ideas. Are you using Explorer or Navigator? Which version?

Yes, you did not have problems with the old board, but let's face it, it had relatively few features. (Text only, no ability to register, as two user changes, but the reduced amount of effort to change/maintain this board from an admin point of view is another bonus). I also feel, that when you see the way most other discussion boards work, we will not encourage outside input as much with the old forum. In the coming weeks, when I get a bit of time, I hope to work a bit more on the look and feel of the board, and then I will start promoting it through the EZBoard ring, and through other boards. If we can get non-members (particularly international ones) to start checking on a regular basis, then we have a whole new set of resources and inputs. But after using other boards, I don't think many of them will enjoy the basic format of the old system.

Anyway, if you could answer the first two q's, I may be able to extract an answer for you to stop you having to use your refresh button.
It's ok Richard I've solved the problem Boss
Wow Peter, and here I thought it was all our computers that were f@#$% and not your 3 computers.
The problem with this layout (EZ) is that it has to many smiley faces, gifs and general bull@#%$e. Because of these un-necessary bits and pieces, it takes longer to load. Also the blanking thing(an EZ problem- nothing else!)and its not as user friendly as old board. To make it perfectly simple I think we should go back to old board or get a new one. Why not have a vote? If I'm in the minority, leave it - if not change it!
P.S. Boss has'nt fixed his settings - just turned off!!
What did he turn off? Obviously it must be something in the right area.

And Phill, you could tell me what you are using. I am trying here to get answers to fix the problems that only a couple of you seem to be experiencing, and instead of giving me useful information, or going to the EZBoard support forums (which are very helpful and informative) and looking up themselves, all you've done is complain and say "let's go back". And it is not EZBoard, which has 100,000 odd registered members. If it was solely an EZBoard problem, I think that the thousands of boards here would all slowly disappear. I am trying to help find solutions to keep everyone happy.
Richard,
Its not only the blanks- its the extra bullshyte I dont like aswell. The blank screens are a small part of it. Simply, I dont like this format - I like the other one. Thats called an MY opinion - NOT - complaining!! I know that you like this board and maybe so do others - I dont, and I know others dont!
Phill, tonight when the board was real busy loading was slow to the point of blank, so I just hit the 'back' button and re-loaded and it then came in faster.

What your saying is like lets go back to old ways making no room for progress, there must be some reason why your having problems and its doubtfull if it's the actual board, why not point out exactly whats going wrong or not working and I am sure that Richard would be happy to advise you. Forget the other board learn to use this one as Darren (I think) has on the test page.

If you still believe that a majority of 'users' would prefer the other board then post a poll as a new topic, not with anonnimity as one person can press the vote button 20 times, but with postings.

Posted without 'Posticon' or 'personal photo' or 'emotions'.