Pete's Pitstop triumphs again!
Is there no end to this man's talents? Not only has Pete done a great job of tuning other riders' Busas, not only has he become the Poet Laureate of the club, not only does he rub shoulders with some of the best mufflers around (ask him about Saturday in the Spur) but he's done a fantastic job of getting my bike to go the way Busa should, thanks to an oil and filter change and dyno tuning.

First run on the dyno and it was only putting out about 156 ponies @ 10,400 rpm. By the time he had finished it had peaked at 166 @ 10,000, but the real difference was in the mid-range where it actually felt like it was missing something on the last couple of rides I'd taken it on.

The most noticeable improvement was in the 6,000 rpm up to 9,000 rpm range where it was a fairly consistent increase of 20 ponies right across that rev range.

As I said to Peter afterwards, it once again feels like it did that first time I really twisted the throttle. I was looking for the seat belt to hold my in the saddle. If the insane asylum docs had seen the grin on my face they'd have locked me up!

Add to this the tangible improvement in smoothness. Changing gears was better, both up and down, and the bike just poured on the power so much more effortlessly. With my weight advantage over SNAGS there'll be no getting away from me next time!!!

Great job Pete!!! Thanks.
Thanks Gazza and no problem thats my aim here to try and give you the customer results they don't seem to have been getting elswhere.Why ? I simply put it down to attention to detail,and it seems to be working .......enjoy. Boss Edited by: Boss2  Edited by: 9/19/00 9:07:08 am