To Volvi The Wordsmith...................
You obviously like to play with words Volvi and you obviously like games,when it's not face to face I have noticed also.
Yes Suzuki have done the right thing..........they have recalled and are replacing the units...........the same as they have done four times before,yes this is the fifth modification to the Busa tensioners.So my point is here Volvi, all the boards are jam packed full of tensioner talk the pro's, cons and they better do this and they better do that.Add to the equation that if this tensioner packs up at the wrong time and gives you an engine lock up and spits you down the road you mightn't be around to collect your warranty.With all of these factors weighed up for about the fiftieth time it's got me buggared why on a bike in the 18,000.00 price range one wouldn't just go out and spend $80.00 ............solve any problem that may or may not be there (Now or Later)and forget about all the crap and just ride and enjoy the bike.So in answer to your question Volvi sure you can trust Suzuki.................but if there is a better way to solve the problem with less effort and input..........but then I've noticed some people just like creating problems where there are none hey Volvi !!!!!!
Boss
p.s. In correction of your post Volvi
Two parts to be replaced
No parts to be strengthened ??
Tensioner slipper (alloy)is to be replaced so it matches nose on the new tensioner.New tensioner is steel apparently.
Cams to be removed for removal of tensioner slipper.
External oil line to be added to supply oil to tensioner.
I'll see YOU at the GP
I'm suprised you trust any Suzuki component. Its not just failing tensioners that can cause catastrophic failure. Are you saying you do NOT trust anything Suzuki do with the tensioner, but you're willing to trust the other 99% of the bike without question?

Anyone do a complete bike replacement with non-Suzuki parts?????

paulh

http://www.users.bigpond.com/abadonn
Great point Paul and I guess thats where I'm lucky when it comes to MY bike I don't have to trust anyone.Honestly do appreciate that most owners have to put there trust (life) and faith in others guess thats one of the reasons I'm so pedantic in my job. Ride Safe Boss
Boss2 says;

"the same as they have done four times before,yes this is the fifth modification to the Busa tensioners"

To my knowledge they have recalled this item only once before making this the second time, so where do you get 5 times? Check your facts.

"engine lock up and spits you down the road"

Hardly a valid argument, there are any number of factors that can "spit you down the road", frame break, speed, traffic etc.

"collect your warranty"

At least if a Suzuki's part fails you have recourse with their warranty. What if something happens when an un-authorised part is installed and fails and seizes the engine, dont you think Suzuki would be justified in denying you warranty, leaving one with a very expensive repair bill.

"but if there is a better way to solve the problem with less effort and input"

Yeah there is let them fix it at their own expense.

"but then I've noticed some people just like creating problems where there are none hey Volvi !!!!!!"

I think it's only too clear on this and previous board just who is the antagoniser and thrives on creating problems! I mean for someone who so ceremoniously resigned from this club some months ago, why do you continue to post and appear to be part of the club that you have no wish in associating yourself with.

Let me make it clear I have nothing against you personally you have done me no harm. However when I started this club a year ago almost, what I had in mind was for members to share information as on this board, like others worldwide. But so far your posts often ridicule others with an arrogance not unlike Mr Packa, and there are many that fear to post only for fear of your ridicule. I have been very close to closing down the whole club and it would be a real pity as we now have over 80 members and many would wish for it to continue.

If you are unable to show some common courtesy, then please leave as you had promised too. Go form your SE Contingent and leave us alone.

I think you need to check your facts Volvi not I (it only goes to show how little you know about what you talk about)and when next we meet you will have a chance to say to my face all that you have said behind my back.Should be most interesting and I amongst others are looking forward to it.
Common courtesy.........thats something you would know very little about Volvi along with principles,class or anything else that makes a man respected by other men.Just remember one thing Volvi you lit the fire and I'm only one in a line of people that have got a few things to say to you when next they see you. Boss. See you on the weekend Volvi
LMAO.....at the very least Volvi, your good for a laugh! I'd just like to say that Boss has been very helpful to many members of the club (and still is.) Keep up the good work Boss.(and keep up the good posts too). LMAO
I have to agree fully with Snaggs on this one. Boss has been more than helpful to me and other Busa owners and I'm not just talking about posts on this site but at his workshop on any day Saturday ,Sunday,included up till 11pm at night not chewing the fat but stripping a very concerned fellow pilots engine down to find the CAUSE!!!!!! OF the problem and the subsequent damage. When it comes to someone who strives for perfection and cares as much about your own machine while in his workshop as he would care about his own there is no question as to who I would trust to work on my Busa.And don't get me wrong on this the Boss is his own man and has his own little quirks like we all do but at the end of the day the job gets done and done properly.
Volvi, there are plenty of us on the board who agree with you entirely!!!

Those of you in Melbourne who want to stay on "Boss's" good side because you take your bike to him for repairs then that's up to you, but to the rest of us in Australia he is just an antagonistic, bullying pain in the arse!!

Goodbye "Boss".
Why thank you for the compliment I always knew I had a good
side.Thanks Again LMAO Boss