Boss2 Banned
I think we have had just about enough of Boss, I have placed a ban on him in this forum. I am not going to allow any individual to think he can take full control and rubbish whom so ever he wishes.

No doubt he will attempt to make himself heared by what ever means. The administrators of this board will keep an eye on any malicious attempts to do so.

If some here feel it unjust, then feel free to leave and by all means resign from the club.

Someone has to take the decision to act, unfortunately it falls on me to act, and I would add on the behalf of many others on this board, and it would help if they show some support to this distastefull decision.
Isn't that exactly what you have, Volvi? Haven't you just taken control of the board by banning someone from it? Wasn't the "rubbishing" a two-way street? What you have done amounts to censorship which is contrary to a basic tenet of the internet. You may have an issue with someone who uses this board but that doesn't give you the right to ban them simply because you don't like what they say.

Whilst I don't condone the behaviour of some of the people who have accessed this board, I have taken notice of all (at least MOST) comments/opinions/information/misinformation and made my own decisions about what to do with regard to my own bike. Isn't THAT the purpose of the board? If so then it has achieved its purpose regardless of whatever else has gone on.

I would also say that personal grievances have no place on this board, so if someone has a personal problem with someone else, they should deal with it in a mature manner out of here. I don't see banning someone as a mature approach to resolving differences.

In my opinion, even the most uninformed, mechanically inept person (and I count myself in that category against the likes of Peter) has a right to have their say here. In Peter's case he is neither of those and your dictatorial banning of him represents a significant loss to all who use this board. Just ask those who have purchased new screens through him, let alone had him work on their bikes with stunning results!

And before you say "if you don't like it you can leave too", why not spit your dummy out, throw yourself on the ground and start kicking and screaming because that would be the physical equivalent of such a response. And it achieves nothing, except maybe to illuminate the true colours of anyone who would respond in such a way.

Some people may not like Peter - I personally don't have any such problems with him and count him among the friends I have made since joining this club - but don't let basic personality clashes blind you all to the benefits you can get from his knowledge and contacts, if for no other reason. It takes at least 2 to tango and there were a number of people on THIS dance floor. And to those from the other states who don't know Peter personally, I suggest you acquaint yourselves personally with him first before you make a decision. There is more than one person at fault here and it goes way back.

Banning Peter does NOT have my support. It could only be justified if ALL people who were a party to this debacle were banned - that would mean at least half a dozen people by my reckoning - and even then I would still find it difficult to justify banning anybody.
Yeah good one Volvi - just another rash move from the club joke. What gives you the right to ban Boss? Why don't you put Boss' banning to a vote? Or better still - resign from the club yourself! You seem to be the common denominator in most of the conflicts between members, not Boss! And remember I've had first hand experience of your narrow minded views and frankly I don't want you to ban people all over the place cos' YOU don't like what they say. Put it to a vote - remember its not YOUR decision.
what gazza said!
saves me typing it but the quickest way to destroy the club is to do what you propose atleast without giving resons for those who dont get to read it everyday
i am a little dissapointed in you guys, i accept that everyone should be free to have their say on this board (including peter) but when threats are made against other members, that is not accepatable and the threat makers should be banned!
Why is it that Les and Volvi can post things about Boss - YET.......he cannot respond(being banned). Seems a little one sided,eh! Now ,I'm a little disappointed. LMAO
On that point you are correct, so as a matter of common courtesy and fairness seeing that some have posted posts directed at him, he should be given the opportunity to respond.
Please explain your last post on this matter Volvi