Sprockets
Looking to change front sprocket, any reccomendation? has anyone done theirs? I know Jamie has changed his. And what notable changes are seen and felt?
There's quite a bit on Martin's boards ... including one guy who cant use first gear any more! :)

It goes like a bat outta hell - I'm thinking of doing myself - rather have the acceleration than top speed.

Stuffs the speedo up tho and I think you will have to get a new chain too ..
Email
i believe a 16 tooth front is all you need and fully does the trick,
Some put the little box on to correct the speedos, but quite a few are just hooking up little GPS units instead. Don't know how you dould do that and keep the GPS readout in a spot where it is readable.
Changing gearing is great fun .... but.... you are better off increasing the rear sprocket number of teeth.
I have found that 44 teeth on the rear sprocket will give you a fine balance of acceleration and top speed
also reducing the wheelbase by approx 5mm which also make the bike turn better. The main problem I have encountered with changing to a smaller countershaft sprocket is that the chain is making a much tighter arc around the countershaft and this will bugger your chain real quick.
Hope this helps!

old cahn, thanks for your input, tell me more ...
did you have to change the chain, how much was the sprocket and where did you buy it, how did you deal with speedo error, etc...
I did 16 up front and a 43 on the rear. I wanted roll-on acceleration not top end.

www.pro-libertate.com/bus...chain.html
busababy

Sorry for the slow reply.........

I have a Renthal sprocket 44 teeth on rear (+ 2 over stock), purchased it from my dealer approx $90.00 stock front sprocket and chain. I have not worried about speedo error but I believe it is about + 3% but the speedo is out by at least 10% anyway so who cares?

I did this mod from new and have done 7,000k's with no major signs of stress apparent. I keep it Lubed regularly kept at perfect tension (the chain that is). I also carry a small can of lube under the seat for longer trips.

PS 1 tooth smaller on the front countershat sprocket = approx the same result as 3 tooth bigger rear
trust me even 1 tooth bigger on the rear will make a difference, try it.
Any reason why you didnt do the front as well?
thanks for the info old cahn,,

once i get my bike back on the road - i will try the rear sprocket it may help with the launch of my pre-jenny craig body mass... hehehe..