Purple Bling
Bike being dynoed to dial in turbo and Motec
[Image: 15032007001.jpg]
BLACKZOOK Wrote:Bike being dynoed to dial in turbo and Motec
[Image: 15032007001.jpg]

So what are the numbers Bruce and will it be coming up for the minijam
Bill we had all sorts of problems tying it down as its a car dyno with few tie down points.

We worked up to 12 pounds boost on pump fuel and got 300+hp at 9000rpm from there to 11500 she smoked the whole shop out with tyre soke as it spun on the dyno wheel. They estimated approx 350hp taking the wheelspin into acount.

Tomorrow we set up the gear based boost control function on the Motec fill it with race fuel and wind the boost way up, should be interesting if we can hold it down.

As usual the dyno numbers can be taken with a grain of salt, there is more than enough power the main thing is that it now runs sweet and purrs like a nasty kitten.
hehe purrs like a nasty kitten I would rather have it growl like a cat on roids . so after watching all that could ya fit the helmet on ya head again
I'll have to take out the cheek pads so they dont stifle the grin.

She will be at the minijam, Ive got a box full of new billet and mechanical parts to put on so there will be very little chrome and prolly an unpainted extended tail piece for now. I'll strip it down and bling it up after Willowbank.
Good to hear its coming up sweety Bruce,

That bikes along way from how I remember it!

It will be looking sweet again in no time.Pi_thumbsup
Shayne
Quote:hehe purrs like a nasty kitten I would rather have it growl like a cat on roids

...not if you're on it, ya wouldn't. Scared the crap out of me just listening to Bruce talk about what it does crossing the 400m mark!!! Eek
I thought you were up for a bit of Turbo action Pan??
Shayne
abusa Wrote:I thought you were up for a bit of Turbo action Pan??

reds cant take the powerLol2
Ha Ha, I know one red bus that can take it!!

Glad you fixed your sig Bruce, good read the bloody thing!!

Very Funny!!
Shayne
Nah, not really Shane... I'm still chasing the 10.3 you did on my bike a while back... no need for a turbo yet!

Bruce, them's fightin' words! You challenging me to a race? Biker 2fast4u
good luck bruce
Dont be to worried about big numbers you just want it running 100%
Bit scary seeing it on the car dyno tho.
Hope to catch up at willo

shane
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue
Fucken looks the buso Bruce,  very sweet.  It must be awesome to hear her screeming like a banshee!Drool

Did Matt get onto you about the NOS? He wanted it to put on his R!, I reckon he just wanted to try to catch us!RollRoll

Max:smiley:Hayabusabusa::smiley:
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
no from Mat word yet
Well things are dragging along at a snails pace as usual but I did manage to have my first ever ride on a sorted, mapped turbo busa today. She is running 14pounds boost on premium unleaded with no boost controler as yet so all gears are 14 pounds.
Over the last couple of months while it was all being assembled and tuned I had mentally prepared myself for the first ride, it'll be fast, it'll accelerate like nothing else.

Well I gotta say I was not at all prepare for what happened on the actual ride. This thing is f*&^ing insane never have I felt anything like this I was shaking and too scared to hit full throttle after just a little hit in second. I opened her again in third at about 6000rpm and all hell broke loose the front rose up about 3 feet and the rear was twitching and squirming all over the place slammed it into 4th and had to back out at about 8500rpm cause we had run out of road and bravery. The long straight had dissapeared before my brain could register that it was time to hit the brakes hard NOW NOW NOW f*** ME This should be illegal.

I crused back to the shop just rolling it on and off the throttle then holding it at constant revs, smooth as silk.

Bring on the gear based boost controller, race fuel, water/methanol injection and another 10pounds of boost.

Money well spent.