under tail
bought an undertail off ebay store & was bitterly disappointed ,totally doesn't fit.was advertized for an 05 - 06 model but went on to say fits all models 99 to o6 ,are the body's different or is this a totally dud item.
I've heard from others that you have to do a fair bit of cutting and bending to fit the eBay ones, but all models ARE exactly the same!
PM Ruffy... I think he had exactly the same problem... plus it was cracked.
Didn't Ruffy have problems with a hugger he bought off eBay, or was it an undertail as well?
Since Ruffy isn't around. Yep, on both counts. They are crap, that is why they are cheap. No bones about it. Don't do it guys. Just about anything else will be ok bu those YS ones are no good 100% of the time. Ruffy had his repainted because it didn't match (if I remember correctly) and then it went pink and continued to be awful. I'm sure he will chime in shortly and fill in the blanks.

Of course, I am a hotbodies dealer and even have a 20% off sale going until Saturday. I will even host a free spanner session at my joint to fit them if the interest is there. How many shops are offering that? None, thats how many. That is neither here nor there but basically if you want to flush your cash straight down the shitter, go with those Yani shinki.
Yep - it was a hugger bought from someone in oz but supplied from yankie land, I keep it as a reminder when i see something i like on scambay to buy from one of the local suppliers who look after their own - expensive lesson but saved me heaps in the long run Pi_thumbsup

Ruffy
I've heard of some slight variances between the aluminium and steel subframe. I scored the polished grabrail from somebody who traded to a newer model and their grabrail wouldn't fit. (admittedly, the undertail doesn't mount there, but just a slight variance had been noted).
arthur dunga most of undertails you have to mod your bike to fit i have had 3 diferent ones on my busas and if you do the job properly you will be happy with finished product drop me a email and i will go over installing with you

Quote:Of course, I am a hotbodies dealer
you would still need to mod your bike to fit corect or not Glenn
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Yes, you still have to cut your tray. I can make it a lot easier than most though. I wrote my own instructions for it which is easy to follow and written in bloke language, big pictures too. the job is pretty easy if you have all the info. Rod, Would you like me to post it up as a mod instruction? the process will work with most undertails. Of course, for those that are willing to travel, I will fit it for you for fun.
Quote:for those that are willing to travel, I will fit it for you for fun.

good outing for someone as its a bit of a problem if ou have not done one
just like the hump mod get the hack saw and dremel out Pi_thumbsup
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
grinder too. It is fun watching the faces as you hack into it. lol. Neat as a pin at the end.
Glen - how much for an under tail?
got my screen yet? lol
Email Sent Chris.
I bought one for $80 and another for $120 off ebay. The $80 one fit perfect and the $120 undertail is a piece of junk! Win some lose some :?
Glen do we get to play with any tanks if come over? hehe
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.