Planned server maintenance
"Planned server maintenance, scheduled for approximately 8pm Sat April 14, and expected to last no longer than two hours. During this time, websites hosted on the server will not be accessible, but we aim to keep downtime to a minimum.Regards, Webcity Systems Administration Team
(This is not a late April 1st joke! - AHC Admin Team)"

Errr.... one days notice and they intend to do maintenance starting at 8pm ???

Is this really acceptable ?

If I'm being unreasonable say so, but usually these things are done in the small hours of the morning and if there is going to be a service interruption during 'social' hours, you'd expect a lot more notice.

Just my 2c worth.
I have no facts at all so bare with me. 8pm here is roughly 4am in south africa. So, i reckon your time suggestion is exactly what they think they are doing. My 2c. Specualtion purposes only.
Wot ? They are in South Africa ? That explains a lot.
I have no facts, entirely baseless. I do have google though. For all I know, they might be in Parramatta.
fyi fellas they are based in good old Sydney.
I have used Webcity for at least 20 customers for 6 yrs without a fault and this is the first time I have had a notice. not a bad average I would say.
i presume they would need to do it at this time for one reason or another.
I have found them to be very switched on and up to date with everything.
The best company I have come across.
find better for the price and i'm there...but u won't.
There ya go.
check em out here
www.webcity.com.au

oh yeah these notices are usually very conservative so it may only be 30 min to an hr or not at all...
Ok.... if Dj's happy... I'm happy.
touch wood...
I was out.
Did the world end at 8 last night?
Was it down?
If so how long?
Dj... don't know... otherwise occupied.... came back on about 11pm and all was working fine.

By the way... I had a look at their hosting rates. Bloody good deals !
fair enough.
Yep they are excellent Astro and local too to top it off.
The most users online at one time was 43 on 14-04-2007 at 20:54 ...
latest stat on index page...lol
So that confirms that most of you are fire engine chasers...
All came for a look to see if the Board was down I reckon....
and it must have been up because the stats would not have been there at 8.54pm so sounds like it was not down for long at all.