Dyno Numbers
Well here is the first session on the dyno after the install had some issues and still not completely sorted but pretty happy anyway

before Turbo Dyno Graph

[Image: Stock02Dyno.jpg]

After Turbo  added and not completely sorted yet but close

[Image: TurboDyno.jpg]
Now for the matchup with bruce.Simple proven system versus the other way.:eyes:Good horsepower for the street.I can,t see you using any more than that anyway.The rest would be either wasted on wheelspin or backing off from wheelies.I assume this set up runs stock compression so it would be interesting to hear how responsive it is to building boost.I think ultimately bruces will be fantastic,but this setup up looks like fantastic bang for buck.
Yes you are right Glen this map is on stock compression with 8lbs of boost in 4th gear it is very rideable around town and in all gears the boost doesnt even seen to happen if you ride it normally but then screw the throttle on a bit more and HELLO it just goes from casual to blur I am running a 4lb spring in the wastegate and that controls first gear I have a smithabusa boost controller set up that runs 6lbs in 2nd and 3rd gears and 8lbs in 4th 5th and 6th gear so by right this setup should still be able to go on mt twisty rides and also drags best of both worlds me thinks
I agree Glen, Bills system is a lot better value for money. If I was to do it over and only wanted mild boost for the street then that is the way I would go. Remember that Bill got that system at a bargain basement price and fantastic deals like that are few and far between. If he was to purchase that system new at retail pricing then he would be around the 6-8 thousand mark.

Dont get me wrong I am delighted with my setup it has a lot more potential for developement, at the moment it is running 14 pounds boost quite happily on premium unleaded and it could safely go higher just by using the water/methanol injection system already fitted. To be honest mine already has way to much power for the street as is, it wheelspins at insanely illegal speeds if given full throttle on the road - but its a hell of a lot of fun having 300-350hp on the street.

The boost builds very progressively with the Motec showing boost as low as 2500rpm so its fine if you want to just cruze even in the rain it's not intimidating unless you gas it big time.

When I get to W.A. I'll take it to Wayne Patterson's shop and we will up the boost to 20 something on race fuel for the drags. The beauty of this setup is that it can save unlimited maps and can be changed between them in a few minutes.

So far with fully build motor - all the billet gear - turbo - water injection - Motec ECU - Motec wiring harness - Motec dash and full mapped tune it's cost me just on $20,000.00 you get what you pay for.
It will be interesting to see how it progresses once you can make sense of the datalogging and improve your riding and the bikes set up according to the data.Alot more things to play with methinks.I,m curious how much part throttle and off boost power is lost on 98 octane at 8:1 compared to stock compression.If your building boost at 2500 it can,t be too bad.I just spoke to a carbon importer today,how does gold carbon sound?
I found the difference between std comp and lowered comp to be quite noticable, some of this is due to a bigger turbo, but when i was using Bills turbo it was like a 2 litre busa, lots of power all the time , now decompressed and bigger turbo its like a 2 stroke gp bike,
I never changed gears much before, my top gear roll ons would match my mates zx12 4th gear, now i'm down in 4th too but passing on the rear wheel .
Bruces is nicely in the middle, slightly bigger turbo without much lag makes power easy & hides the lower compression
Nice comparo.2ltr busa?mmmmm,sounds alright.Both set ups are going to keep the juices flowing,or is that solids flowing?Lol3
Hey Bruce,

Thanks for putting up the numbers, and for showing me your setup so willingly, it definately gets me drooling. It would be interesting to ride.