how old???
I have a new bike and am going to turbo it. what i was wondering though is when is a good time as far as kilometres is concerned. is there any amount of k's that we should wait before putting them on...
You could put one on a new bike,many who race rebuild the engine with new parts and immediately dyno lightly for a couple of runs then load it up ...But if you want to be sure there are no warranty issues with the bike before you destroy any hope of factory help give it some time 5-10000kms ?? up to you realy..
i put mine on with 700kms on the clock
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
now tell him the rest of the story GRANT
xhiler8r Wrote:now tell him the rest of the story GRANT

ohh yeah...... go on.......
if a car comes out from factory witha turbo i dont see how its any different putting a turbo straight on a bike.
Regards

Dan
yeah ... lots of time off the road due to killing pistons ....
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

Dan85 Wrote:if a car comes out from factory witha  turbo i dont see how its any different putting a turbo straight on a bike.

Dan I hear what you are saying and that is the same ideas i had on turbos But after checking into a few option that answer wasnt the same apparently factory turbo vehicles are set up specifically for a turbo and to turbo a stock engine safely a lot of work is need in regards to Gasket and the such

I was speaking with Mike Vine up here in regards to turboing my 3lt Diesel Hilux and he said yeh no worries we can do that it was gonna cost me around 8k for the snail fitted but he did also mention that it would be in for a full rebuild in 3 mths time so I opted out he said that when a factory turbo comes out it is set up with everything it needs but we tend not to do everything that is needed on a stocker

As for the first question there are a lot of factors that will determine how your engine will cope if you go a mild set up like I have there should be no problem at all with whacking a turbo on a stock new motor if you wanna go beyond 300BHP engine work will be needed for a safe running motor Basically decide on the power you want and that will determine which way and what you will need to do Kiss your waranty good bye unless you feel like pulling the bike apart for each service
Macbusa Wrote:yeah ...  lots of time off the road due to killing pistons ....

the only good thing that came from you setup Grant was that you didnt rely on the bike every day and you had the time to fix it and now I hear that all is sorted and running like a champ good stuff good things come to those that wait
yeah definitely Bill.... the bike is running like a dream now.... very smooth and reliable too..
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)