Turbo Kits
Just an idea, there are a number of turbo kits out there on the market, some of which are imported, some fitted by local companies, and the occasional DIY kit. I believe that Petes Pitstop does turbos, as does S&R Pro.

I would like to suggest that we start a thread that could be stickied so that if anybody is interested in either getting a kit or getting a kit fitted they can come here and get information they have an idea up front of what they could be expecting in terms of performance or price.
I will start tjhe ball rolling with the Ghetto kit. I am in no way affiliated with the Motorhead.

Here is what you get with the Stage I Ghetto Kit, good for around 280 HP! It comes with everything you see below:

* Custom made Garrett turbo
* Polished aluminum intake
* Air cleaner (Fits inside Body Work!)
* Polished charge tube
* Stainless steel header
* 38mm EXTERNAL Waste Gate
* Stainless steel dump pipe
* Stainless steel gate pipe
* High pressure fuel pump
* B.E.G.I. Fuel Mangement Unit
* 3 Billet fuel rail inserts
* Oil feed Line
* Silicone hose
* Oil drain line
* Vacuum hose
* Boost/vacuum guage
* Fuel pressure guage
* Check valves
* EFI fuel hose
* Manifold straps
* Custom maps by THEMOTORHEAD
* All fittings, clamps, seals, gaskets and hoses
* Upgradeable!

This kit is capable of producing over 300 HP with add-ons. It is designed for a stock motor and easy to install. You don't need any special tools. Your bike will still be a capable daily driver and run just like a stock Hayabusa, until you get on the BOOST. Once you do, you will never go back! Upgrade your Stage I Ghetto kit for even more power! Here are the options available with this kit, scroll down to purchase them:

* 5th injector mod - $395 to make 310 HP!
* Full pipe with a carbon fiber can - $ 595
* external blowoff valve - $349
* Cylinder spacer and adjustable timing gears to lower your compression and turn up the boost! - $195

The 5th injector mod allows you to add a 5th injector to the plenum, outside the main fuel rail. It includes a welded boss in the plenum to install the additional injector.

The full pipe is a custom made stainless steel full exhaust with a trick carbon fiber canister. This system is a larger diameter than the stock exhaust and allows your TurboBusa to exhale effortlessly. Plus it sounds really cool!

The EXTERNAL Blow-Off Valve design is the result of extensive development and testing. The 38mm compressor bypass valve is a vital component of any turbocharged blow-through induction system. This custom Blow-Off Valve will improve throttle (time to boost) response as well as help relieve the damaging effects of compressor surge loading. The CNC machined housings are available in several high luster anodized colors. Plus it sounds really cool!

The spacer kit includes a 90mm steel spacer that installs between the cylinder and cases to effectively lower the compression from stock and allow more boost for more horsepower. Also included are adjustable cam timing gears so you can degree your cams to the new engine configuration.

Current price on the net US$3599 base kit + shipping.
Good Idea Graham just make sure everyone knows all the prices you have quoted on the extra bits are USD $ and not AUD $ and in the TMH kit I believe there is a PCIII also but not 100% on that 1
xhiler8r Wrote:Good Idea Graham just make sure everyone knows all the prices you have quoted on the extra bits are USD $ and not AUD $ and in the TMH kit I believe there is a PCIII also but not 100% on that 1

Hi Bill,

Price at the bottom of the posting was in USD, excluding shipping. I dont think there is a PC3 included but I could be wrong. As per Bills post, can anybody who puts something up please quote the price stating the correct currency. If you do a conversion to AU$ please tell us that you've converted.

Lastly I would like to state for the record that I have no particular favourite and any kit on this thread is not to be assumed as my reccomendation. The idea is to have a thread, like Busgo's Busa for sale thread, where anybody can come, see what's out there, and what it will set them back, both in time and in money. Users experiences are also welcome.
http://www.rccturbos.com/rcc2005/index.p...ry&catid=3
Everything labeled , cut to length ,easy fitting.

If you want to DIY
http://www.rccturbos.com/rcc2005/index.p...ry&catid=2
Yeh I know Graham But i was more talking about these extra bits

* 5th injector mod - $395 to make 310 HP!
* Full pipe with a carbon fiber can - $ 595
* external blowoff valve - $349
* Cylinder spacer and adjustable timing gears to lower your compression and turn up the boost! - $195

and as Greg has done maybe some links would be good also so people can see what we are talking about

S & R Pro do a number of kits as do Mr Turbo here in Oz

http://www.sandrpro.com/

S & R Performance & products
5/6 121 Coreen Av.
Penrith, N.S.W Sydney,
Australia 2750
(02) 4732 2203

Mr Turbo
206 Banyulla Drv
Nerang 4211
(07) 5596 1079
you've also got
http://www.mc-xpress.com/
http://www.nlrsystems.com/
http://www.velocityracing.com/2006.htm
http://www.bigccracing.com/shop/category...ategory=66
http://www.holeshotracing.co.uk/tuning/t...yabusa.asp
or try a super charger
http://www.tts-performance.com/catalog/p...d126cd1381
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue
Velocity stage 2 is what I have with a few mods and Motec. = Big Big fun.

The standard kit has a 6lb spring in the waste gate. That has a starting boost level of 6lbs - 230 hp, then the second stage of boost is safe on pump fuel to 300 hp at 11.5 lbs of boost. (with water injection) (second stage of boost is adjustable with the addition of the two stage controller) Then it's maximum performance (if you choose to use it) is 360 hp at 20 lbs of boost with race fuel & water injection. As far as engine modifications; only thing required is to lower the compression by means of base spacer plate.
If you want to make as much as 430 hp then we upgrade you to the dual ball bearing turbo that takes you from the 360 hp to the 430 hp. In order to achieve the low 200 hp boost levels we offer a 4 lb spring for the Tail waste gate.
• Velocity Turbo systems come in a complete rigged/ready to go form.
• Computer: pre-wired to map sensor, water injection (optional) power supply, and to fuel injectors.
• Fuel system: pre-rigged to your model/year with plug and play fittings. Notice factory connections on hoses. Also AN fittings that screw into one another.
• Brackets: All pre-fit and labeled to insure proper installation
• Boost controller: Pre-rigged with proper line length and fittings
• Intake Plenum: Flow tested and designed for optimum performance, show polish finish
• This system is capable of making efficient power in the range of 200 hp to 430 hp and with torque levels as high as 265 lbs
Boost levels are adjustable while in use.
Price $5995.00

Stage 2 kit has:
Custom GT-25 Turbo and Stainless header Oil line block-off
Polished airbox with piggy back injectors and fuel rail Fuel pump and regulator
Computer and pre wired wiring harness Tial wastegate with stainless dump pipe
Illuminated boost guage Installation manual and direct tech support
Stainless Steel exhaust dump pipe

Extras:
2 stage boost controller solenoid $100.00 Custom dual ball bearing turbo $850.00
Water injection system $850.00 Full Exhaust system with Micron canister $750.00

For more info please contact a Velocity Distributor or call us directly at
Toll Free 1 - 866 - 4 - 1 - SPEED
or locally 859-885-3223
Any chance of getting this stikied. I see that some people have the title of moderator on this forum so I assume this thread has been vetted.
BLACKZOOK Wrote:Velocity stage 2 is what I have with a few mods and Motec. = Big Big fun.

The standard kit has a 6lb spring in the waste gate. That has a starting boost level of 6lbs - 230 hp, then the second stage of boost is safe on pump fuel to 300 hp at 11.5 lbs of boost. (with water injection) (second stage of boost is adjustable with the addition of the two stage controller) Then it's maximum performance (if you choose to use it) is 360 hp at 20 lbs of boost with race fuel & water injection. As far as engine modifications; only thing required is to lower the compression by means of base spacer plate.
If you want to make as much as 430 hp then we upgrade you to the dual ball bearing turbo that takes you from the 360 hp to the 430 hp. In order to achieve the low 200 hp boost levels we offer a 4 lb spring for the Tail waste gate.
• Velocity Turbo systems come in a complete rigged/ready to go form.
• Computer: pre-wired to map sensor, water injection (optional) power supply, and to fuel injectors.
• Fuel system: pre-rigged to your model/year with plug and play fittings. Notice factory connections on hoses. Also AN fittings that screw into one another.
• Brackets: All pre-fit and labeled to insure proper installation
• Boost controller: Pre-rigged with proper line length and fittings
• Intake Plenum: Flow tested and designed for optimum performance, show polish finish
• This system is capable of making efficient power in the range of 200 hp to 430 hp and with torque levels as high as 265 lbs
Boost levels are adjustable while in use.
Price $5995.00

Stage 2 kit has:
Custom GT-25 Turbo and Stainless header Oil line block-off
Polished airbox with piggy back injectors and fuel rail Fuel pump and regulator
Computer and pre wired wiring harness Tial wastegate with stainless dump pipe
Illuminated boost guage Installation manual and direct tech support
Stainless Steel exhaust dump pipe

Extras:
2 stage boost controller solenoid $100.00 Custom dual ball bearing turbo $850.00
Water injection system $850.00 Full Exhaust system with Micron canister $750.00

For more info please contact a Velocity Distributor or call us directly at
Toll Free 1 - 866 - 4 - 1 - SPEED
or locally 859-885-3223

Philfy from S.A here , what is total price with everything bolt and ride daily , i can fit myself?
Philfy prices will start from ~$5000 AU for a stg 1 ghetto,Rcc or Velocity kit + freight + import costs and you fit it and rise from there depending how far you want to go with engine development and power

The Aussie dollar is good at the moment for importing.
You will need a moderate level of mechanical ability to fit a kit, Some like the Rcc come with all the lines and fittings labeled, cut to length and with fittings , others are a length of hose and a box of fittings.
has this been stickied yet? worth a look now the aud is flying!
Probably needs updating too
other to consider with a good reputation
http://www.stedmanmotorsports.com/
Glen at Thunder composites is also marketing a kit.

one to be wary of F.A.S.T forced air system technology , have heard of several guys paying and not receiving, advertises on US ebay sometimes
Dont get in here much but have noted your sticky request and complied.

Seeing my Copper/Silver is now 9 yrs old, made me thinking how nice it would be turbo'ing the unit. Though I see it as quite the quagmire.

Great thread and no doubt very useful to anyone considering the issue.

Im not sure if GRUNTMAX's post is appropriate to the thread as its a for sale which appears elsewhere, but I will let you gurus decide on that, just let me know if you feel it dont belong here and want me to remove it.

Keep these valued info posts coming.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Remove it Volvi its been posted three times already and is not appropriate here