Air Box Mod
Straight up Simmo - do they work on the road? Can you feel any increase in power delivery or not?

Max:ausflag:Hayabusabusa::ausflag:
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Factory pro stacks you can feel more grunt. and the sound of them sucking is awsome
I have put my wheels on at the sametime so I have lost about 7kg in weight so this set up is hard to judge for now, I have only had a short spin but snap it on in 2nd and up comes the front wheel kinda stuff
Good question Max.

Are you seeing the effect of the new lightweight wheels that take less torque from the motor to turn or the stacks. Two changes at once......which worked.

Good luck with it all
the 7kg weight loss was probably more significant..  wheels are low cog.. the 7kg of body weight also reduces wind drag, increases reaction times etc..
[Image: bmr.gif]
Bullshit the wheels are rotating and the reduction in gyroscopic effect is huge. Apart from the weight saving turn in and handling are significantly improved.
The stacks feel so good on the road I don,t want to pull them out.However light wheels(whatever brand you choose) will make you smile around every familiar corner you,ve ridden with stock wheels on.It will hold a tight line far better and have much less tendency to run wide.They do make the bike more wheely prone so a stock front appears better at the drags in my experience.You really can make big improvements to a busas dynamics if you choose to stick with the bike instead of updating.In terms of acceleration improvements with light wheels i reckon you,d be flat out picking it once out of first gear,perhaps slightly more responsive.
Well I ran a 9.874 on a cold slippery track tonight, 10.1 / 10.0 / 9.94 then the 9.8' I had to shut it down all night long mostly 1st & 2nd plus 3rd on the first run (airborn big time) then i started laying hard on the tank for the rest of the night to try and hold the thing down (for most the track), I even had to back off a bit on the 9.8run in 1st(I launched only at 4k on that run), the wheels have make a hell of a differance on the front end thats for sure. When I work out how I'm going to keep the front down then i'll go back and play with the stacks again, so for now i'm leaving the air box how it is. Pi_thumbsup
I agree strongly in the lighter wheel thing Bruce.  I rode Heidi's and Les's and Josh's, they all feel difficult to turn in hard when compared to the Gale Speeds I got from Ray.  All of the small changes are starting to show quite significant advantages over the stock Bus. I'm going to have to do the stacks I think, natural progression.

Max:ausflag:Hayabusabusa::ausflag:
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Put it this way max,with a 1.85 6oft a stock busa ain,t gonna hit 145mph and 10.0 on a cool night.139mph and 10.4 maybe.4 tenths and 6mph is very noticeable.My setup is the best street setup but i reckon simmos onto something for the drags.
where did you buy em from mate, from overseas or somewhere in au?
I think most bike shops can order them in for you.You could order them direct from factory pro.If all else is too hard dad can get them in for you.
spamanglenn Wrote:I think most bike shops can order them in for you.You could order them direct from factory pro.If all else is too hard dad can get them in for you.

great. thanks mate.
FastPhil is looking to do the small air box mod anyone got any pic's of one Confused
help!!! new to this /need how to instructions on 2004 hayabusa air box mod
PAUL HOLLIDAY Wrote:help!!! new to this /need how to instructions on 2004 hayabusa air box mod

Hi Paul, welcome to the madness. There are guides all over the net for the small box mod, but here is a good guide that i found. Should help.

AIRBOX MOD

You may need to register with them 1st
Photobucket