Put it back
DJ!
[Image: bmr.gif]
[quote=xhiler8r]
why do people decide that they wanna f*** with things when they arent broken ever since those stupid Gallery pics appeared on the forum page this site is taking me forever to load it might be a coincidence but i doubt it

PUT IT BACK

Slow again Pi_freak
BRADDO

"May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch." Ghastly
blank post! DOH!
the slowness is not being caused by that - server speed & the ISP we are using needs to be looked at to see if the issue is the forums database, transfer speed, server speed or something else.
I am going to remove the swearword filter as I reckon it is checking every post for "bad" words and slowing thread posting...
done.
Please report back here if any changes...

I have also removed some of the heavy (over 20kb) smilies.
I can see a difference already when replying to a post...try it.
I have deleted some more heavy smilies...the biggest is now 3k instead of 20k.
Hey its fun deleting this shit...it's soooo easy...you just push delete and poooof...it goes....mmmm....looking looking...Very Happy

Random Quotes not global anymore...now just on front page this should also help...maybe.

4 sec to reply to a post as compared to 14 secs b4.

Now lets see...what u reckon Raz at 100 an hour...round it off at 80 bucks??
Or one of those red horns would be nice...

Thankyou plugin disabled...just disabled for now Volvi!.
I reckon that one may help too.
Well thats enough.
Feedback appreciated guys....should see BIG improvement...hopefully.

Show similar threads disabled from bottom of all threads...would have been searching for similar threads at each post....and I don't think we use it...I think I enabled it originally...!

One more...adjusted threads per page back to 10 threads instead of 15.
Should load quicker...you guys and all ya avatars are to blame!

There 10 minute Turbo update...
DjPete Wrote:I am going to remove the swearword filter as I reckon it is checking every post for "bad" words and slowing thread posting...
done.

Hey its fun deleting this shit...it's soooo easy...you just push delete and poooof...it goes....mmmm....looking looking...Very Happy

Random Quote sare not global anymore...now just on front page this should also help...maybe.

Nice work dj... all the people who complain (including me) should consider the size of their images, linked images, etc.. next time they complain about speed.

Each object on the forum contains a cost. These costs are widespread. Within context of this post the costs are relevant to performance and ownership.

Sorry thought i was at work for a minute

More crap and the bigger the crap posted = the more it will take to download it to your pc and the more it will cost in bandwidth and data usage for both you and the site.

I dont care cause ive got the highest speed connection available and a 60gig download limit :P
[Image: bmr.gif]
well said.
DjPete Wrote:I am going to remove the swearword filter as I reckon it is checking every post for "bad" words and slowing thread posting...
done.

Random Quotes not global anymore...now just on front page this should also help...maybe.

Thankyou plugin disabled...just disabled for now Volvi!.
I reckon that one may help too.
Well thats enough.
Feedback appreciated guys....should see BIG improvement...hopefully.

Show similar threads disabled from bottom of all threads...would have been searching for similar threads at each post....and I don't think we use it...I think I enabled it originally...!

One more...adjusted threads per page back to 10 threads instead of 15.
Should load quicker...you guys and all ya avatars are to blame!

There 10 minute Turbo update...

so has anyone noticed an improvement??
f*&^ing oth dj
pink pantys 4 every one .see you in hell bitches
[quote]
I dont care cause ive got the highest speed connection available and a 60gig download limit :P
[quote]

Only 60gig jeeeze bb you're gettin ripped.............I'm top speed with unlimited & a static IP to boot.......
good to hear Mechanx.
But I am still never sure if u r fair dinkum.
Maybe put "promise" at the end of ya post or something...:-)