2008 Hayabusa Latest News Here

Who cares?? Me and Duc13 have officially hijacked this and made it the 1098s owners threadPi_tongue oooh they're so pretty and they have a good looking back end unlike some other letdown....
[/quote]
thankyou mr dj Pi_tongue
Ducati's? 1098's?
Oh. this is the Australian Architect's Web Forum. I must have hit the wrong link.Roll
found this.
a bit blury...
and I sharpened the image as best I could too!
A bit blurry?
Now theres an understatement if ive ever heard one lol.
Looks like i just put on my grandpas glasses!
Fark!
Taken from Motorcyclenews.com
imo this is the best in depth summary so far of the new Bus.

2008 Suzuki Hayabusa
6/29/2007
By JC Hilderbrand

Everyone knew this was coming. Suzuki's reign as the king of the so-called Ultimate Sport class was threatened last year with the release of Kawasaki's omnipotent ZX-14. As you can see in our comparison of the two monster sportbikes, the Kawi brought a bit more to the table than the largely unchanged 2007 'Busa. Well that didn't sit well with Suzuki.

The compression ratio inside the 1340cc motor has risen from 11.5:1 to 12.5:1. The 41cc increase in displacement stems from a 2mm increase in stroke giving each tube of the Inline-Four a final spec of 81mm x 65mm (bore/stroke). Inside resides new three-ring, aluminum alloy forged slipper pistons. Claimed to be lighter and stronger, the new shape of the piston crown is responsible for the boosted compression. The motor also gets a new set of titanium valves for intake and exhaust. The sizes haven't changed, but the alternative metal allows for weight savings. All told the revised mill has a claimed 12% increase in power. If that is true, our dyno results from last year indicate that 'Busa freaks will have nearly 175 horsepower to do all kinds of illegal things with.

Fuel is fed through a pair of new 44mm Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) throttle bodies. A little technology pulled from the GSX-R line is the Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) which provides three options of power delivery for a range of touring to full-blown hooliganism. On the opposite end, burnt fumes exit through a 4-2-1-2 exhaust that meets Euro 3 and Tier 2 emission regulations. A slipper clutch manages the 6-speed transmission.

Wheelbase is the same, so wheelie potential is only increased, but overall length has increased to 86.6 inches. The extra 2.3 inches is part of a redesigned bodywork layout that was derived from endless wind-tunnel testing. Rather than stick the bike in there by itself, Suzuki addressed the aerodynamics with a rider in the saddle. These real-world dynamics should lead to a better tucked riding position with a lowered tank and more room for the rider's elbows. Part of the new look is a 15mm higher windscreen and vertically stacked dual headlights. The rear blinkers are set into the tail section a-la GSX-R, and the seat and rear subframe have been lowered 17mm.

Brake discs swelled in the rear and shrunk up front. A pair of 310mm floating front rotors (10mm smaller) offer less unsprung weight and are pinched by new Tokico radial-mount calipers. The single-piston rear caliper grabs a larger 260mm rotor (+20mm). Though shaving unsprung weight is important, managing the weight that is held up by suspension is even more so. Straight away you'll notice black Diamond Like Coating (DLC) on the lower section of the inverted fork for less stiction and more sex appeal. The Kayaba inverted fork is fully adjustable with the same 4.7 inches of travel. A 43mm KYB shock handles the load out back with 5.5 inches of travel.

We liked the nimbleness of the 2007 Hayabusa and the steering geometry is virtually identical at 24.2 degrees of rake and 98mm of trail, an increase of 1mm. A steering damper is included to make sure the bike is stable at the ridiculously large mph numbers displayed on a new instrument panel. From left to right are analog dials for fuel, tach, speedo and engine temp. Between the tach and speedo is a digital display of a clock, gear selector, S-DMS indicator, odometer and dual trip meter.

Suzuki hasn't exactly reinvented the wheel, but the changes that grace the 2008 Hayabusa look to be a solid package for retaking the crown of most-powerful and popular cult sportbike on the face of the planet.
and a stolen and slightly modded animated gif comparing
2000 to 2008 Bus...
[Image: busa-2008-2000.gif]
Farkkk :(

Reading that im going to have to buy the new one.
God damn it.
Il try be as patient as possible though...
Like i did with this one lol.
Well i waited for the right color eg black everything. haha.
and the white one...
and stolen shopped 08's
stretched version and old tail version too!
I love the white one the yankees got an we didnt!
Bastards!

*shakes fist*
Not a bad write up DJ, I think goes away to reinforcing what a good thing it will be.

That side shot is a beaut. Looks like that seat is the same as the current, didnt realise it was so big big, imagine how many they could fit on that thing in Thailand!
Shayne
abusa Wrote:Not a bad write up DJ, I think goes away to reinforcing what a good thing it will be.
Yep I reckon it sounds very promising Abusa.
A lot of little things that will hopefully have a big overall effect.