Widest back tyre
Bear had them all on stock rims.
abusa Wrote:If you are still keen there is another option that Kawasuki maybe able to help with in the near future but it is an added expense that isnt really necessary I believe.

at least a 3 month wait Shane.Scary
3 Months, ouch!!!

Bear you definitely need one mate! How about helping your fellow racers by getting on that list, LOL.
Shayne
Got an email from kawasuki on that rim. But not for me just now, sorry.
Looks like I'll stick with the shinko for a while, maybe fiddle a little bit......
At the end of the day, if you run 18PSI in any size tyre you have the same contact patch, so the shinko should be Ok for a while. Haven't run lower than 18, but I hear some have run as low as 12?
I had trouble at 8 , tire kept walking off the rim in the top half of the track
usually ~12 now , don't know how many times i can cross the finish line way sideways at 126 mph and get away with it .
madman - you are not supposed to be crossed up at 126 you idiot.
Chopper says - "Harden the f*** up Australia"
My last drag Wed nite at WSID had me sideways in 5th gear at 149mph. No track prep at all. The logger showed 155mph.

Scary
Maj Wrote:I had trouble at 8 , tire kept walking off the rim in the top half of the track
usually ~12 now , don't know how many times i can cross the finish line way sideways at 126 mph and get away with it .

I would have thought it's about time for you to step up to a mcr2 by now Greg!
Much safer, how much is life worth?

Leonard.Biker
The lowest I droped mine down to was around 14psi one night but then I checked it at home the next day because it looked almost flat (after riding it home) and found it only had 8spi in it, it may have slipped on the rim or so low it leaked out Confused
That was a while ago Leonard
Can't afford to keep chucking mcr2's on for Heathcote but i will be trying your slick this weekend and see if i can find some setup, changed a lot of things and may take a couple of T&T to get it right.
Maj Wrote:That was a while ago Leonard
Can't afford to keep chucking mcr2's on for Heathcote but i will be trying your slick this weekend and see if i can find some setup, changed a lot of things and may take a couple of T&T to get it right.

No worries Greg,

Really hate to here of a no-bar racer getting hurt, also, the "powers that be" are just waiting for one of us to stuff up and have a reason to ban the turbo bikes.

Good luck with the slick.....might get a bit wild compared to a mcr2.

Leonard.Biker
Heathcote is a little better in understanding,but i am still not keen to test the quality of my gear .

I'm going to start at a high pressure (relative)to get used to the square face. tested good at 10 last week on the 750, also trying the new frame,swingarm,airshift,2 step,boost control setup,rims,
Thought if i'm going to come and play with you guys more often i should take it a little more seriously.
Maj,
Are you saying at 14 you were loosing traction and heading sideways?
I guess that's the blower effect eh?
For a stocker though, 12 to 14 sounds like the min for a shinko?
Sideways was with a tire off the rim,
12 should be good 10 ok too ,my trouble with 8 psi in the tire is when i'm spinning and the bike gets a bit sideways it walks the tire off the rim , moving around like a big dirtbike on a dirt road is fine, full lock sideways is not
Most of us with the big turbo's can make more power than we can use, the only time i have used 25psi boost is at the saltlakes carrying more than 100kgs of lead on in and near the swingarm, usually at heathcote 14 psi boost is the most i can use with a shinko .
I want to find a setup that will allow 22-25psi at the dragstrip