K8 Technical Discussion
Well i thought the switchable maps on the k7 1000 were good when i took it
for a ride,on map B
i thought it was enough of a animal let alone map A.
I dont think they made it cuz of fuel economy.
Like whats pretty much being said already.
Less power makes the bike more tractable,thus meaning if your on the
track,you can get on the gas quicker out of a corner without spinning
or getting yourself all mixed up. Im pretty sure a faster lap time
was set on map b on a the 1000 instead of map A.
Tracks vary i know,either it was done at phillip island or suzukis own
test track.

I dont know why theyd put it on the busa,cuz its more of a bigger animal an
not really made for trackwork but hey no one we know has ridden it yet so
time will tell.

Dj,im confident the new stock hayabusa will go 200mph,plus.
An not under!
With mirrors out,not folded in,full fat rider and a full tank of gas :P
makes the power commander a bit redundant.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
I spoke with a GXR1000K7 rider today on the Putty Rd and he uses the low power in the wet and reckons it is really good and inspires confidence. He uses the full boost most other times.
He rides solo all the time.
The buttons are an up and down combo on the right side switchblock and there is an indicator on the dash to tell you what mode you are in.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
I'm a big believer in the saying "It's nice to have a choice" - so being able to choose between 3 different map settings is a positive in my mind.
Licence Back!
I think it's good, and roll on traction control!!
A mate of mine has a k7 1000, & says he's only played with the modes once. Figures if you want less power use less throttle & i tend to agree. But i havn't ridden it yet & my opinion may change when i do.
The difference between Mode A and Mode B is in the mid range thottle openings. At wide open throttle there is no difference in horsepower output. This is done by restricting the opening of the secondary throttle valves up to the wide open position. Mode C does not allow the secondaries to open past halfway.
The fuel maps are not changed between modes. The GSX-R1000K7 has a very docile power delivery and the Mode switch is a bit of overkill. The K8 Busa will have a similar sort of power delivery (it has most of the same features of the GSX-R) so I would expect most of us will ride in A Mode.
Ok Mr. Honda... everybody else has shown their cards... your turn.

Wheres the new Blackbird? Honestly, you can't keep flogging the old model forever. Yes, nice all-rounder - but a bit boring.

The K8 busa needs some fresh meat to feast on. Ghastly

And the ZX14 doesn't really deserve 2nd place. So that gives you something to aim for.

Busa - Blackbird - ZX14 : 1, 2 and 3. Then everything would be back to normal. Bump
http://www.suzuki.nl/nmg/up/ZamdcgrHC_PI...a_1300.pdf
Brochure for 2008 busa. Explains about the 3 way mode. Leigh
Getting ready to make some noise.

Still got the BTL? I didn't see it mentioned in the spec sheet.
BTL mentioned on page 3, they make it sound fancy, not sure if its the same as earlier models
I read that the k8 will have a dual butterfly setup.This allows the ecu to control consistent throttle feel.That is excellent.I know a lot will do the zx14 thing and rip them out but it should greatly soften tyre shock upon opening the throttle whilst on your knee in second gear allowing you to ride it alot harder coming out of corners in 2nd gear.The single biggest limiting factor in riding the current busa which is incurable.I look forward to comparing the two.
spamanglenn Wrote:I read that the k8 will have a dual butterfly setup.This allows the ecu to control consistent throttle feel.That is excellent.I know a lot will do the zx14 thing and rip them out but it should greatly soften tyre shock upon opening the throttle whilst on your knee in second gear allowing you to ride it alot harder coming out of corners in 2nd gear.The single biggest limiting factor in riding the current busa which is incurable.I look forward to comparing the two.

Never having ridden a zx14, I can't speak from experience, but most of the guys I know who own/ride them hate the dual butterfly setup. Reckon it really makes the bike too doughy down low and takes a lot of the fun out of riding it.... then again I guess it just means you have to keep it above 5k thenVery Happy
Yep heard that too.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
the gsxr1000 has had it for a while now with good reports.I,m guessing this helps with their mode switch by choking air flow at certain rpm and throttle positions.on the zx14 a tre allows the butterflys to open earlier and makes them nicer to ride than removing them altogether.Buggerall in it for power loss over no flies.