K8 Technical Discussion
Dan85 Wrote:the onyl thing i found usefull about the switch was when doubling in traffic helped to stop me surging forward and annoying the pillion. but apart from that A mode all the way!!!! it will come in usefull if you where to turbo the bike i think as you could probably have 3 different boost maps in it. i think i dont know for sure so dont qoute me but it should be feasable.

I personally think that when you bolt a turbo to the k8 the mode switch would be obsolete just like a turbo wont run on the stand alone map that the older busa's have and you need a pc to make it work properly. I have never heard of anyone running a turbo without a pc and just using the map the bike comes with as the standard computers arent capable of delivering the correct fuel for the turbo boost levels.But hey I could be way off and you could be right Dan
Maybe Dan meant that you would run 3 custom turbo maps & use the mode switch to switch between maps & adjust your waist gate (boost) accordingly for each map.
YEh I know what you are saying also HD but I still reckon that it wont work unless the bikes pc is like say 3 power commander pc's all rolled into 1. I was thinking the same thing when I installed my turbo to say have 1 street version map on one PC withy pump gas and then a map for the strip with say high octane fuel on the second map and then a switch between the 2. It hurt my brain trying work it all out so i run one map for all.The fmu is what relegates the fuel for the turbo and it isnt the PC the more boost you have the more fuel you need and even a Power Commander can not deliver the fuel needed
Buy a Motec Bill and you can load a dozen or more maps into it and change between them with a laptop. There must be a way of selecting them on the fly to.
Yeh there is always going that way Bruce but what dan is talking about is using the A B C mode switch to do that and I truely believe that it will not work but hey if it does good for him I hope Maj has some luck with Turboing an 08 and we wil see what he comes up with I guess
was just a thought about having three fuel maps as it does now and possibly using the switch to load up 3 custom maps for the turbo i was only guessing it might work. i know you can switch maps on the fly with interceptor units and im pretty sure you can get a map switch for onthe fly changes with the motec aswell a mate had one on his car with a motec so i assume it could work on a bike and i had the interceptor style (TSI then) on one of my turbo cars and i had a switch on it.
Regards

Dan
Heh... perhaps this thread should be re-titled to "3-Mode Musings"... Very Happy

At first I thought the 3-Mode switching was more of a gimmick than anything else, as why would someone buy a bike with the power and speed of a Busa, but then purposely neuter it electronically? Idiot2

However, it does, in fact, have a small amount of use in that it is convenient to throw it down to 'C' mode when commuting to work in the cold and wet. Yes, one should, in fact, be able to do the same in these conditionswith just a disciplined throttle hand, but you know how it goes... who doesn't like the results of twisting that throttle? All it takes is one little "oopsie" and you are looking at several thousand dollars worth of plastic to replace. Not good.

Still, in all other times, I leave it in 'A'-mode.... I didn't really get the bike to ride sedate and tame.

Quote:Ok Mr. Honda... everybody else has shown their cards... your turn.

Wheres the new Blackbird? Honestly, you can't keep flogging the old model forever. Yes, nice all-rounder - but a bit boring.

Oh, please... don't get me started here! [Image: cursin.gif]

Yeah, as much of a die-hard Honda man I have been in the past, I never thought I'd be singing this tune, but....

Since Honda has essentially grown a snatch where its testicles use to reside, and have clearly abandoned the hyper-bike market with no new Blackbird replacement anywhere on the horizon..... then my choice was pretty clear: the new K8.

'Tis a pity, as I have an awful, AWFUL lot of time and effort into the CBR1100XX platform, and even set a World Record in the Long Distance Endurance Riding community on it last year. But I am DONE waiting on Honda's lame ass to grow a pair of balls and rejoin the big-bore hyperbike market again. The stopped selling them here in the USA back in 2003, and 2007 was apparently the last year of world-wide production. So as far as I'm concerned, Honda can f*** off and die.

Not that I am bitter, mind you. Lol3
agree I used to always be a honda man until the busa came out. Theyve been very very slack relying on old models with little or no progress. Ive been very suprised by theyre laxydaisy attitude. For 10 years to go by with hardly anything innovative to come on the market whilst Suzuki has jumped leaps and bounds ahead of them. Honda youve become a slack arse.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
commando Wrote:yes all good facts, but you must ask yourself how many of us would actually run it on the low setting? i now i wouldn't.

Ghastly Hi

Just drove my new K8 from Cape Town to Johannesburg. Had no obtion it was the only place in South Africa where I could find one.

Anyway started off in setting 3 and changed to setting 1 within 80 miles.

Have not changed it again. The K8 responds beautifully to its trottle and I find that I don't need a lower setting.

However I can see me using setting 3 when my wife rides pillion and in wet weather.

Love my new Busa!!

Pine
Pine00 Wrote:
commando Wrote:yes all good facts, but you must ask yourself how many of us would actually run it on the low setting? i now i wouldn't.

Ghastly Hi

Just drove my new K8 from Cape Town to Johannesburg. Had no obtion it was the only place in South Africa where I could find one.

Have not changed it again. The K8 responds beautifully to its trottle and I find that I don't need a lower setting.

However I can see me using setting 3 when my wife rides pillion and in wet weather.

Love my new Busa!!

Pine

Correct me if im wrong but I was under the impression that speed limits in your country are what we dream of here.FASTDrool
1300hayabusa Wrote:
Pine00 Wrote:

Ghastly Hi

Love my new Busa!!

Pine

Correct me if im wrong but I was under the impression that speed limits in your country are what we dream of here.FASTDrool
Ghastly Hi
Actually our speed limit is 120 km/h but we mainly drive without number plates and drive as fast we please. There is so much open space and roads in SA that its virtually impossible to enforce the 120 speed limit. Whats your speed limit?

Love my new Busa
Regards
Pine
In general 100-110kph but one state had no limits till last year, now 130
Heard its not wise to stop for long at red lights there ??
Maj Wrote:In general 100-110kph but one state had no limits till last year, now 130
Heard its not wise to stop for long at red lights there ??
GhastlyHi
Its like Harlem in Amerika you don't go there.
In reality there are areas that you do not stop or go in SA.
Thats maybe 5% of the country.
The rest is simply a beautifull country with lovely people.
The trip from Cape Town to Johannesburg is totally safe barring some areas in Cape Town and JHB.
But really I have never had a problem.
Its like a pup you do not go on your own you will get picked on.
I intend to visit Australia in 2008 just for the fun of it.

I love my new Busa
Regards
Pine
I guess the C mode will also be useful on Double Demerits weekend. Set it to "Plod" map and wait for the end of the long weekend.
I bumped into a guy from Tamworth this morning on his K8 bike and he is having serious issues with his gearbox.
It will not move up from 5th to 6th in normal riding conditions.

He is getting it checked out. The dealer, of course, told him that there had not be any reported problems.
That is crap, I have read at least 3 or 4 reports about simillar issues on the site.
Can anyone that has this problem post up here so that we can gather a bit of history on it please?
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO