K8 Technical Discussion
i do have trouble going from 2-3 sometimes at 8-9000rpm if if i dont back off enough when changing apparently because gears are undercut but i can live with that and occasionally wont go into 1st when in neutral at lights, never had a 5-6 problem though

LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE

LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE
With under 1000 k's mine is just fine & dandy........ but I'm all ears to see what others are getting...
just got caught up in this thread, great info guys
Speed Demon Wrote:i do have trouble going from 2-3 sometimes at 8-9000rpm if if i dont back off enough when changing apparently because gears are undercut but i can live with that and occasionally wont go into 1st when in neutral at lights, never had a 5-6 problem though

Mine has 2400 km on with no gearbox trouble. First gear occasionally is bit sticky but working the clutch once normally fixes it.

Love my bike

Pine    
Quote:Mine has 2400 km on with no gearbox trouble. First gear occasionally is bit sticky but working the clutch once normally fixes it.

I have just clocked 2500k on mine, I did the last 1k doing the Melb - Black Spur - Hotham - Omeo - Melbourne run.

No problems with the Gears or anything else for that matter and no need to use the ABC settings, However in the Wet with my Son on the back I would use it.

Does anyone here have information on a TRE suitable for the 08?
@ ABUSZ - re the TRE question.
See the discussion on PC3 FOR THE K8.

Yes there is a TRE but you have to pull the clutch out to fit it.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
according to the hp calculator,last wed night simmos bike was utilising 179 rearwheel horsepower.There a nice engine.
spamanglenn Wrote:according to the hp calculator,last wed night simmos bike was utilising 179 rearwheel horsepower.There a nice engine.

Hit it again Sparman 30kg lighter today Coolsmiley
Shoud give the same result, horses is horses!
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
update on the hp calculator.

194hp at the tyre with a pipe.Scary
spamanglenn Wrote:update on the hp calculator.

194hp at the tyre with a pipe.Scary

Yes Bloody feels like it too Egyptian
BUSGO Wrote:@ ABUSZ - re the TRE question.
See the discussion on PC3 FOR THE K8.

Yes there is a TRE but you have to pull the clutch out to fit it.

Busgo why do you have to access the clutch area ? for a gps mod you would but a simple tre should just plug in to the 3 pin connector, or am i missing something ?
..about TRE...yes there is possibility to put it into 3-pin connector...but...does it mess the gear-position ?....meaning..does it show 5-gear on 6-gear?or does it show also 6-gear?
there is model that do not show 6-gear....

Is there model that is working propely??
From my understanding of all the discussions on other boards before Christmas, a simple GEN 1 TRE plugged into a K8 disturbs the precision of the ECU fuelling and stops the dash gear indicator from working.
It may de-restrict the bike for top speed but I am not sure.

The BoostbySmith TRE replaces the Gear position sensor on the K8 and you have to remove the clutch basket to replace the OEM one. This one retains the dash gear indicator, removes the retard and delimits the top speed.
The low down power and torque on the K8 are much better in the lower gears than on the GEN 1 with a TRE fitted from my experience and unless you intend to go for the 200MPH club, there is little point in fitting one at all.

If someone has one going and can vouch for its success, I'm all ears.. because I know I'm gonna get used to the power of the K8 one day and will probably look for more, but I'll probably start with a pipe.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
BUSGO Wrote:From my understanding of all the discussions on other boards before Christmas, a simple GEN 1 TRE plugged into a K8 disturbs the precision of the ECU fuelling and stops the dash gear indicator from working.
It may de-restrict the bike for top speed but I am not sure.
The BoostbySmith TRE replaces the Gear position sensor on the K8 and you have to remove the clutch basket to replace the OEM one. This one retains the dash gear indicator, removes the retard and delimits the top speed.
The low down power and torque on the K8 are much better in the lower gears than on the GEN 1 with a TRE fitted from my experience and unless you intend to go for the 200MPH club, there is little point in fitting one at all.
If someone has one going and can vouch for its success, I'm all ears.. because I know I'm gonna get used to the power of the K8 one day and will probably look for more, but I'll probably start with a pipe.
If your going to get a pipe get a 4-1 system, you won't believe the extra grunt & the weight saving. Egyptian