people in the mining industry
Well guys i am in search of any information relating to working in the mining industry i have finally decided that it is time for a career change before i turn into a fossil so anyone working in the industry can we have a talk so i can ask some questions and maybe get some numbers and start the whole process rolling I am looking through the papers and on the net but i really have no idea on what i would be qualified for

Any help would be appreciated
There was a report on 60 minutes last night, about the mining jobs in WA
They can't find employee's, Confused
I want to strike it rich :aussie blowing up the earth with explosives.

http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/artic...?id=276980
never fly higher than your angel.
Pilbara Iron, Jobs. :aussie

http://pilbarairon.com/SiteContent/working/careers.asp
never fly higher than your angel.
We had a report on our local news a little while back saying that the QLD industry will need 5000 more workers within the next 5 years.

There are many non mining jobs going as well in the support roles such as accounting, HR and safety etc.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
We had the same report in NSW on 60 minutes last night re the WA mines and they are starting new ones also, it sure gets you thinking Confused 125k plus, 2weeks on then a week off some packages include with free flights included every couple of weeks, How long does it take to get there Bruce :aussie
I worked in the WA iron ore country and goldfields from 1985 to 1990 as a drillers offsider in the goldfields and as a machine operator out of Parabadoo in iron ore country.(My toy was a 60 ton excavator). If you are serious about heading over and working get in touch with Hammersley Iron or Clough Engineering for the iron ore and Drillcorp or Drillex for goldfields work. Remember that if you are fair dinkum and ready to work you "will" earn good money, but it is a single mans life unless you have a missus that can be one of the boys, but no matter how hard they try most women leave the life. If you want to know more just PM me.
Woman,where's my wallet?
And whats for tea?
thanks guys I have just sent a request for more information at the Pilbara mines what i have just read about them yes you can apply for a 2 weeks on 1 week off the housrs are 12 hours a day 14 days straight now that better be some good dollars cause if i did those hours here i would earn $6300 for 14 days now with the flying in and out they will only fly you out to Perth so me coming home would be at my own expence I need to find out a lot more before i leave my wife and 3 kids and the Busa behind for god knows how long
Lots of mining in QLD Bill
Look for recruitment centres , they will have long lists of available jobs eg
http://jobs.careerone.com.au/js.php?view=1&lookid=careerone&tmpId=&q=&qCity=&qState=QLD&qInd=careeronecategorymining&qSort=smart&qMatch=all&qField=All&qCountry=Australia&qMiles=15&pp=20&search.x=30&search.y=14
Move the whole family over to WA. You will love the place. I went over for a holiday and stayed for 10 years. All depends on what jobs are on offer for you to get the sort of $'s that you are looking for. I origonally went to Mt Newman and Tom Price as a T/A and got to know blokes who were Haulpak drivers and through word of mouth I ended up being asked if I would go to Parabadoo to operate what ended up being my excavator. My first job in this machine was to dig 22 k's of trench and footings for a conveyer line from Channer to Parabadoo. After that there was no stopping the opportunities that came my way.
Woman,where's my wallet?
And whats for tea?
Maj Wrote:Lots of mining in QLD Bill
Look for recruitment centres , they will have long lists of available jobs eg
http://jobs.careerone.com.au/js.php?view=1&lookid=careerone&tmpId=&q=&qCity=&qState=QLD&qInd=careeronecategorymining&qSort=smart&qMatch=all&qField=All&qCountry=Australia&qMiles=15&pp=20&search.x=30&search.y=14

yeh i did Maj they have nearly 4000 jobs online but nothing i am qualified for
What about a job down the valley ?ass mineing ?You'd be good at that i hear ?
pink pantys 4 every one .see you in hell bitches
hmm, funny you should post this xhiler8r as i was beginning to consider the same thing, i'm thinking shit, 125k plus for driving a big tonka truck sounds alright :-)

I'm only doing the job i do now for the money anyway, so it would only be a step forward, keep me posted on any info
join the army and become a aircraft refueler / handler ... secure, good $$ and you get to talk about busa's all day long with me.... lol
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
apart from joining the army - that sounds like a cool job :)
RaZz0R Wrote:apart from joining the army - that sounds like a cool job :)

best job i have ever done.. we refuel planes and choppers, pull and push them in/out of the hangers, and also baggage handling duties..

we are more like civi's in uniform RaZzOR...
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)