New full body Hayabusa BRA
I just got back from a spin into Newcastle this morning and stumbled across a newbie who got his first busa 6 weeks ago.
Being a veterin biker, he was keen to protect his little baby from the elements.
He has had a FULL BODY BRA made for his busa out of marine vinyl that covers the entire body work from the tip of the front guard and all of the fairing except for the rear end. This guy already has had one on his GSX1100 for about 3 years and no body damage has occurred.
It has clear vinyl over the blinkers, headlight, screen. As well as vents over the air intakes and all the exit vents.

It is unbelievable and fits like a second skin all over.
His bike is an 06 Red / Black and the cover is made to colour match the bike and bagster bag.
The maker is very proud of his work and is prepared to manufacture them if interest is there.
I did not have a camera with me but the Newbie may become a member of our cyber club and we can get some photos up soon.
Total cost was in the $1000.00 bracket but multiples will bring the price down.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Sounds hardcore,must get pics!!!!
Sounds interesting!
A Busa condomYes
Not sure where we draw the line here Busgo. If I include a marine vinyl bodysuit for my person in the package, will my bodywork stay the same indefinately? Will have to ensure there are airholes so I can breath, but this would clinche it for me.
personally speaking Ive never gone for this kind of stuff. Like the owners of a brand new car who put car seat covers on, why? to protect the upholstery, I ask what for? so the next owner gets a spotless upholstery? you bought it so you enjoy it. I understand for an old banger ripped seats etc. you want to improve the look but on new stuff, hell no.

Like going into some old european folks homes. They have theyre most precious imported lounge suite imported for big bucks, only when you sit on it your sitting on a custom make see thru plastic, protectting the suite, lol, i never could understand that mentality.

My busa now 8 yrs has never had a bra or tank pad, it still looks the way it looked in the showroom, not a scratch. I wear nothing that wud scratch it, if I did I wouldnt have that garment on in the first place, so whats there to protect and for whom?
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Quote:A Busa condomYes
Lol2
We have all been bent over by them Wm
Sounds like overkill.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
I could see the point for a show quality bike that you still want to ride sometime.
my own bike is a bit beyond help.maybe a cover will hide some stonechips.
Ghastly I can see the use for this if you had a copper busa.
You could cover it up and pretend it was Red & Black one.Roll

Carey
You all make good discussion points.
I tend to agree with Volvi about seeing the real deal.
However, for someone that does have a not so pretty beast it is a great cover up and it does provide protection for the trips where you always get stone chips etc.
Of course it will also add some weight - probably a few kilos.

I am sure that many will like what they see though and it only takes less than 5 minutes to fit or remove once the intitial setup is in place.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Gnarbunkle99 Wrote:Sounds like overkill.
I don't mind the tank bra but I'm with you and Volvi whats the point Confused
Woman,where's my wallet?
And whats for tea?
You can get a clear contact type stick on stuff kind off like the stuff I use on the sides of my tank.
There's a clear coat paint "ceramic clearcoat" that is excellent too. About $300 for a bike's worth, but don't try and sand it off later as it really is tough!
After 40 000k's on my 04 it's getting a bit scratched up Undecidedand covered with stone chips at the front so I've just paid a mate $900 for a full black paint job in 2 pack and it's shiny new looking! I'd rather pay that every 3 years for a freshen up rather than ride a bike that looks like it's wearing a wet suitIdiot2
A clear coat would probably scratch just as easy as the original paint job so it's somewhat pointless.. Besides, A new paint job every couple of years can bring a whole new look to your bike... unless it's an original copper one that you'd be nuts to change huh?

Cheers, Manny
right nuts to change a copper bike and copper colour being what it is Ive seen only terrible attempts at painting copper. for a copper bike only solution is replacing panels as I one day would like to do.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.