What the... Diablo Supercorsa's?????
A mate gave me a set of tyres. Diablo Supercorsa's. Ya i thought, you lot rave about these things like they are 'it and a bit'. (He wrote of his bike and had spare rubber to go on it that he didn't need anymore. His missus wont let him get another bike.)

Ok, so, what's the deal?? I put em on (had to pay for fitting at the local) and I've totally trashed em in a fraction over a 1000 ks. What the .....! I was told they cost a few extra $$$ when you buy them which i spose is fair considering the grip was WOOHOO but they don't last for shit.

SO.... who get's how many ks out of a set of these?
I mean, is it just the way i ride or were these a dud batch?

Geoff
Take a little off the right hand out of corners and they will last another 1000 ks
ok, i might be on the verge of being drunk... whoops, slipped ober the verge. But, take a bit off the right hand???? where's the fun in that??? i just wanna tyre that's a good ble3nd of grippy/sticky and lasty (U know what i mean) goes a good distance.

So i gather a 1000 ks was pretty standard for these?
me finks i need to find somethin in the middle o what i got and the supercorsas.

Thanx, Kawasuki (its ray isn't it?) for respondin

Geoff

time 4 another Beer
No probx, but a s/coarser should get u at least 2500ks. But there is a price u pay for fun.
i got 3000kms out of my rear on a tour of Tasmania (front is still ok @5000kms) Hayabusa

The rear is a 55 as opposed to 50, making the rear ride height noticeably more nimble (similar to a michellin power race) and DOT approved Smitten

It worked excellent in the rain/ wet roads. another bloke using power race ended up riding over a cliff... Nerd

i can't complain about the tyre it took on the road and simmon plains race track without any grief, just the price @$390 fitted (rear only) or $600 per set making it black gold Beer
Its a simple equation really, lots of grip = less life, and inversly lots of life = less grip.
Chopper says - "Harden the f*** up Australia"
So if your hysterical about the price... get a grip? Lol3
I,ve been using supercorsas for a few years now on various bikes.The equation is simple.If you want a heavy bike to accelerate and corner at the same rate as a lighter bike its gonna give the tyres a harder time.I can,t kill supercorsas inside 3 ride days on my r6.I can kill a rear supercorsa in 1-2 sessions on the busa if i,m not smooth.Carry some more mid corner speed and you won,t have to gas it so hard on the way out and your tyres will last.Also pay attention to the 5psi from cold to hot rule.Thats a challenge.Lol3I started with 31psi cold on a ride day and came in with 40psi hot.ScaryThis shows what a heavy torquey bike does to tyres.I ended up using 34psi cold to minimise flex.The front 32-33 cold for approx 38 hot.Remember you have to pump them up if the difference is too great and let them down if the difference is too little.Pirelli in my experience have the best cold grip of any semi track tyre but will still dry out faster than a road tyre.As they do just slowly lower your cold pressures to speed up warm up time or you,ll be ditching tyres that look fine far too often.remember their warm grip is the LAST thing they lose,so use it.
Depends which Corsa's your talking about. Corsa's come in three compounds SC1=soft compound, SC2= medium compound, SC3= medium/hard compound.

Obviously the softer ones will wear quicker than the others.
i had a set of SC1 super corsers ... like shit to a blanket... unreal tyre... but yeah short life.. the price you pay for top notch grip.
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
I've just had a sc1 fitted to the front & a sc2 to the rear .Haven't super pushed them yet but they feel real sticky. The 55 profile makes the bike feel lighter, as in it tips in much quicker, actually caught me a bit by surprise took a short while to get used to.The front feel's real grippy under brakes.The dunlop qualifier i had put on the front in feb. wasn't a bad tyre either, but these feel better.
arthur dunga Wrote:I've just had a sc1 fitted to the front & a sc2 to the rear .Haven't super pushed them yet but they feel real sticky. The 55 profile makes the bike feel lighter, as in it tips in much quicker, actually caught me a bit by surprise took a short while to get used to.The front feel's real grippy under brakes.The dunlop qualifier i had put on the front in feb. wasn't a bad tyre either, but these feel better.

How much fitted?
40 cheaper than he quoted over the phone,still from what i've read & seen on here,& i'm not expecting big k's out of them i'll be shopping around a bit more next time
Just changing over from the Corsa 3's - their duel compound - unreal tyre for sure & will be getting them again.
Running 190/55 profile for rear, the side grip is just unreal. For now I just have thrown on a diablo corsa, near trashed it saturday on a reefton run
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
arthur dunga Wrote:40 cheaper than he quoted over the phone,still from what i've read & seen on here,& i'm not expecting big k's out of them i'll be shopping around a bit more next time

And how much would that be????????????