PROBLEM FIXED - no video when trying to play DVD's
Hey guys I've been trying to play a couple of DVD's on my laptop using Windows Media Player and I can't see to get any video when trying to play them. I'm getting the audio alright, which makes me think that the DVD's are playing alright, just no video. Any ideas on how to actually watch the DVD's?

Thanks,
tenacious.
tenacious Wrote:Hey guys I've been trying to play a couple of DVD's on my laptop using Windows Media Player and I can't see to get any video when trying to play them. I'm getting the audio alright, which makes me think that the DVD's are playing alright, just no video. Any ideas on how to actually watch the DVD's?

Thanks,
tenacious.

Have you tried to use the DIVX player ? this may help you as it did for me -- its available at DIVX.com you can download a free version or just use a torrent p2p and find the full version - give that a go and let me know if it works

Boc
Hayabusa , If your not on one , your behind one .....
yer sometimes the codecs can go screwy, download the divx free package from the site listed by ozboc, restart comp, then all your video players whether it be windows media player, winamp, etc should all work good again.

Possibly test another player and see whether the problem is only in windows media player or is occuring for all. That should narrow down the cause.
Thanks for the advice guys. Installing another program did cross my mind but seeing as I'm only on dial-up and the programs like 23MB, it would take me ages to download (hence trying to avoid doing that). But I'll try downloading it from uni tomorrow and let you know how it goes Pi_thumbsup
for some reason my win media playr wont play sound from divx nor avi's, drives me nuts figuring out which player will play which. also have Klite full codecs installed.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
yep klite is a good pack and divx I think would also carry most of the required codecs
Paul,

your problem is windows media player. It isn't capable of playing dvds unless you buy and install a plugin. Check microsoft website media player plugins and you'll see what i mean. Try finding another program. for example i use PowerDVD.

Volvi,

Your problem is outdated codeccs for win media player. the only way to fix this is find and install recent ones for the compression types you want to watch. It shouldn't be too hard to find a recent divx player to download.

Hope this helps.
Geoff.
CapeBusa Wrote:Paul,

your problem is windows media player. It isn't capable of playing dvds unless you buy and install a plugin. Check microsoft website media player plugins and you'll see what i mean. Try finding another program. for example i use PowerDVD.

Volvi,

Your problem is outdated codeccs for win media player. the only way to fix this is find and install recent ones for the compression types you want to watch. It shouldn't be too hard to find a recent divx player to download.

Hope this helps.
Geoff.

Paul,
I have a couple of Power DVD disks, your's for the asking.

Cheers

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Thanks for your help again guys - I downloaded that Divx player yesterday and all works well now Egyptian (love the new emoticons)