Next G
I'm looking at new phones ,i'm in a traditionaly poor reception area and would like some feedback about Next G ,
Who has it ..? what phone..? any probs ..? does it cook your head ? (my cdma does)
Thanks all Very Happy
I've got NextG on my digital phones (1 x Sony Ericsson W950i and 1 x Nokia E61i). Only major difference as far as I know is in data transfer speeds for multimedia/email/web browsing etc.(though I could be wrong)
The problem with it is that you tend to do more "on-line" stuff because it's faster and then Telstra end up hangin' out of your date with a MASSIVE bill.......
There's a lot more coverage with Next G. I have a Next G wireless broadband card in my lappy. (Great wall & rabbits etc.) On my way down from Bris I stopped on the Newall Hwy 60 odd klm south of Dubbo in the middle of nowhere & I was able to connect to the internet.
From what i have heard the right phone makes or breaks next g's usefullness over current systems, some have poor reception while others in the same place are better .
Nice to see there is good remote coverage.
The cost of data transfer is a worry..
several months to find one that suits my area. i'm gong to keep looking for info
Thanks guys