What is the best 1/4 mile time a stock Hayabusa can do
I went to Calder to drag my busa last Friday and had 6 runs. My best time was 10.8 secs with a missed gear change into 4th about 70 meters from the line. Speed was only 191kmh where I had slower runs which had a faster speed (213kmh at 11 secs). My first run was 10.9 secs at 199.47 kmh with a reaction time of 1.2 secs though all after that all my reaction times were .62ish seconds with a best of .58 sec. With 3 of my runs I missed gears once into second and twice into fourth.

Best 60 ft time was 1.9 secs. I got to get the 60 ft time down.

One of my runs the front wheel was about 100-200mm off the ground for about 80 meters according to spectators so I dont think I could launch any harder without backing off throttle.

My fifth run racing the police Black Bird I had excessive wheel spin on the launch. I put the wheel spin down to as there was pro stock cars through out the night dumping exhaust straight out of the extractors, a V8 revving at 8000 rpm would have also dumped oil onto the start line. All other runs were good grip launches.

Now, if some of these questions can be answered please.

My bike is a 2000 model with standard everything including sprocket sizes, exhaust, air filter, suspension height etc. (except BTL mod) and I weigh about 96kg naked. What best time should I be expecting? I read somewhere that a completely standard busa can get 10 seconds flat, is this achievable?

Using standard sprockets, should I ring its neck through 3rd gear or should I change into 4th gear?

Other than engine mods, what sprocket sizes should I use...a smaller front or larger rear?

Will dropping front height assist that much?
Flat 10 is achievable, depends on rider weight.

You'll be needing 4th gear.

16 front is popular.

yes about 1/10 sec for every inch drop, drop back also with dogbones or prepare to die at stock rear height and front lowered.

BTW your times seem OK for a newbie, go every week for 6 months and you wil see an improvement in your times, it comes down to practice. The cold hard facts is that my showroom stockie (except for pirelli tyre) went 10.7, 10.6, 10.5, 10.5 and 10.4 on its first and only night out as a showroom stockie, but I have had a few passes down the strip previously. A lot of guys don't have a clue what their bikes will do showroom stock because they never went down the strip without their mods!
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
prepare to die stock rear height and the front lowered.Lol2Thats so funny yet true.If you cant pin the throttle early and hold it pinned to shift point in first gear yet, don,t touch the gearing.I did several 10.0,s stock height no straps with stock gearing but my bike is piped,lighter etc.Lowering and adding ballasting the bike was the only difference between a 10.02 and a 9.68.Even lowered with stock gearing i,m struggling to control wheelies.If you get that under control then start shortening the gearing.for your size, as the bike is 10.3 is realistic if your prepared to stick out the practice.If you can regularly do mid 1.7 60 ft stock height that about as fast as you,ll go at stock height.
10.2 not lowered with stock everything if you weigh 100 kg.
You should just be able to get a 9 if it is low and dyno'd.

You do have to go to 4th on stock gearing, I tried this last
weekend a few times and it always hit the rev limiter if you
try to keep it pinned in 3rd.

I try to change at about 9600 rpm, don't back the throttle
off, keep it at the stop and just give the clutch a tiny little
feather touch.

Practice lots....... Then do it some more....... GOOD LUCK!
Chopper says - "Harden the f*** up Australia"
Constant 10.3's with a 76kg rider.

Full street spec. Standard height, tyre pressures,
tool kit, half tank of fuel etc.

Almost identical times to same bike with TRE, Yoshi can's,
and double bubble screen.

No wheelspin or front end lift. Everytime I try and give it a tiny
bit more off the line I get lift or spin and run slower.

Never tried with straps / links / tyre pressures.

Tony.J.
Best i ran std was a 10.3, a mate that races prostock ran 10.01 on his 03 busa dead stock but he is only 70 kg and always did have great control over any bike he rode.
ant mate if you want to try lowering it i've got a strap and a set of dog bones you can borrow. thats about all i can offer cause im still a drag racing virgin and will be until I finally heve my gearbox properly fixed
maggot Wrote:ant mate if you want to try lowering it i've got a strap and a set of dog bones you can borrow. thats about all i can offer cause im still a drag racing virgin and will be until I finally heve my gearbox properly fixed

You only need the first 4 gears mate. Thanks for the offer for the use of front straps, I'd love to use them for a night Matt. Most likely be going this Friday 14th Sept. if I could use them for that night that would be great.
are you home during the day tomorrow?
Yep, Im home though the Calder drags tonight are cancelled according to their site.
guy up here is about 80-85kg and runs 10.1 stock everything wth jsut the cans dropped off. i got a best of 11.003 stock height and exhaust but i got frustrated and lowered it. strapped and lowered 2 inchs at the back with a back yard exhaust i run 10.6 and im 136kg + gear. not much of an indication for you except to say depends on the rider more than what mods are done to a busa. FBR1347 ran 10.0 on his with modded stock pipes and lowered and he was about 110-120 +gear
Regards

Dan
Best I ever did was a 10.2 something stock height with 4 into pipes and dyno tune.
Dan85 Wrote:guy up here is about 80-85kg and runs 10.1 stock everything wth jsut the cans dropped off.

Just confirming, he took the mufflers off running straight from factory pipes and that is all?
Stock Hayabusa don't think I have ever seen one except at the new bike showroom Boobies4
+1, What Rob saidClap showroom includes OEM tyres.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"