Official Hayabusa Riding Gear (US stuff)
I hope I've posted this in the right section, I didn't notice an area for Riding Gear threads.

Has anyone experienced first hand the official hayabusa jackets, helmets etc?

I notice you can only see it on the US website, and even then you can't order it. I understand the need for Australian Standards, but sheesh, I at least thought I'd be able to buy one if I wanted to.

I've seen there is a bloke with a red busa in Mt Isa (maybe a 2007) .. I believe he has one of the official hayabusa helmets, but I havent been able to contact him to find out if it is any good, and how he managed to get it.

Any advice or opinions?
Licence Back!
A few people have the Joe rocket jacket and i hear theyre the goods, have you checked Ebay as there is a Helmet and jackets there
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Hayabusa-GSX1300R...dZViewItem
[Image: photo3.jpg]
Very HappyI have a rf1000 shoei in red/black and was able to get a extra one it is currently on ebay. The shoei busa helmets are snell dot rated (us standards), I have been wearing one for 18 months with no issue and it is identicle to australia shoei.
Happy ribing
TimF Wrote:I hope I've posted this in the right section, I didn't notice an area for Riding Gear threads.

Has anyone experienced first hand the official hayabusa jackets, helmets etc?

I notice you can only see it on the US website, and even then you can't order it. I understand the need for Australian Standards, but sheesh, I at least thought I'd be able to buy one if I wanted to.

I've seen there is a bloke with a red busa in Mt Isa (maybe a 2007) .. I believe he has one of the official hayabusa helmets, but I havent been able to contact him to find out if it is any good, and how he managed to get it.

Any advice or opinions?
Thanks for the replies.

Looks like I'll just have to wait for the 2008 stuff to make it's way onto ebay.
Licence Back!
Hey Tim, I've done a bit of research on this myself already. We won't be getting any of the gear released through Suzuki over here at all. With regard to importing and using a helmet, it is (currently) a $79 fine in NSW if caught wearing a non aus approved helmet (no sticker).
Simo Wrote:Hey Tim, I've done a bit of research on this myself already. We won't be getting any of the gear released through Suzuki over here at all. With regard to importing and using a helmet, it is (currently) a $79 fine in NSW if caught wearing a non aus approved helmet (no sticker).

Simo,

I'm keen-as-mustard to get this the lid and jacket. I can hang out as long as necessary though, as I've got old some riding gear that I can use, so I'm not in a rush to get it before the new bike arrives. (which I've now fully paid for).

No pressure, but we might be able to get a discount on the items or even shipping if we can organise a bulk-buy? Let me know if you're keen. Very Happy At this stage, I'm considering just ringing a dealership in the States and seeing if I can order over the phone.

Interesting research about the fine. I can only assume it's something similar here in Qld. I've got mates that have ridden around in novelty helmets (not something I condone lol), but somehow I just wouldnt feel particularly guilty for wearing a Shoei just because it was missing a sticker. (bad attitude, I know). Do you know if there any demerit points associated with the fine in NSW?

As for not being able to get that gear legitimately, I've been complaining to every Suzuki dealer I've ever met since buying my first Hayabusa in 2002. Haha.

Tim.
Licence Back!
98% of police that are going over your bike for defects don't even look at your helmet unless you don't have one or it is some kooky contraption.

I have many friends that wear terrific imported helmets and never have an issue with being inspected.

You will find that a large percentage of aftermarket screens are not stickered either and you could get done for that too but has anyone ever been booked?
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Not sure about the demerit points, will ask though. Best mate's wife is a cop.

I would love to get the helmet at least, but with the bike and just buying a car also, I am a little strapped for a few months. Other thought is, I may be going to the states soon with work, in which case I would be happy to get them and send them home. If I don't go, we have a team deployed over there continuously, I might be able to get them to help me out and send stuff internal mail.

I will keep thinking about this one for sure.
I wouldnt worry to much about wearing a lid without that poxy sticker. I use an Icon lid also without a sticker. Reckon the cop doing anyone on that would have to be a real prick or a newbie who thinks all life exists through a handbook of rules.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
I've got the AGV Sport Hayabusa Leather Jacket - I reckon it's great Pi_thumbsup
Volvi Wrote:I wouldnt worry to much about wearing a lid without that poxy sticker. I use an Icon lid also without a sticker. Reckon the cop doing anyone on that would have to be a real prick or a newbie who thinks all life exists through a handbook of rules.

And that is the truth of it. Only time one was issued that she knows of, was when the rider just wouldn't shut up apparently. They just kept writing while he kept argueing.
Crazy isn't it?
ANDRA accepts standards from all over the world for an application that may result in it being tested in real life, but good ol' AS doesn't accept other countries lid standards!
BUSGO Wrote:98% of police that are going over your bike for defects don't even look at your helmet unless you don't have one or it is some kooky contraption.

I have many friends that wear terrific imported helmets and never have an issue with being inspected.

You will find that a large percentage of aftermarket screens are not stickered either and you could get done for that too but has anyone ever been booked?

I got pinged in 2004 ,was wearing a matt black finish hat , when I stopped & removed my stackhat the 1st thing plod checked was my hat to see if it had A.S standards label.if you remove the label from your helmet it reads VOID making your helmet defectable. Be careful. If you are unlucky enough to go down the road & if your insured ,insurers will look at any way possible to not pay out on a claim . bottom line is if it aint got AS approval it aint legal.
[Image: 583b3abf-1.jpg]
black13 Wrote:Be careful. If you are unlucky enough to go down the road & if your insured ,insurers will look at any way possible to not pay out on a claim . bottom line is if it aint got AS approval it aint legal.

Well, that thought certainly lowers my enthusiasm. My next bike will be the first time I've ever had insurance on any bike whatsoever, as this is the first time it has actually been affordable. While I'm intending to avoid the claim process, I'm a genuine pessimist at heart and a firm believer that if "The Man" can find a way of taking rather than giving - he will do it. No one ever got rich by being generous.
Licence Back!
TimF Wrote:My next bike will be the first time I've ever had insurance on any bike whatsoever,...
What you been quoted for insurance Tim? I am guessing its on 08 busa?