300 section rear end versus 240???
OK - I know a heap of you guys are going to tell me just how crap the busa will go around corners with a 300 rear tyre, but I really want to get the low down on this one. My plan is to go FAT. Unless someone is going to tell me that it is UNRIDABLE with a 300+ rear end I want shock value & I will trade handling for shock. I know the 240 still rides OK & I have ridden bikes with 240+ but not 300+. Has anyone in Oz got or ridden a busa or any jap sports bike with a 300 rear tyre. & letâ€s not worry about any HD fat ass rides as they will not help in answering this ???? By the way - this bike is going to be used for a "pub bike" so to speak & not intended as a daily rider. I say that but I know I will still want to put some K's on it anyway.

Cheers.
Anybody???

I'd love tho hear from an Aussie with a similar mod as it is easier to communicate local. I may have to go to the US sites for this one though it seems.
300 should be good for a straight line & also no need for a side stand also I guess.
Sorry never seen one there are a few 240 getting around but
Log onto something like extreme Busa in the states and see if anyone there has an answer. I'm sure you could get to a pub and back on it.
+1 on bear - ask around at EBC. There's bound to be someone who's got one. Then again, those who have them will defend their rideability to the hilt coz no-one else will. Lol3
if ya go the 300 go the single side arm i reckon that is the only way to go as for riding i guess it wouldnt be any worse than a Harley with a 300 rear would it
Yeah - I am checking things out at ECB & also .org. There is a joint in Mentone Vic called Bike Craft. I saw them at the MotoGP a few weeks ago. I'm pretty sure that they may be able to help with the single sided swingarm as that is what I'd like to do. I think I'm kidding myself if I expect a safe ride out of it. I'll just have to hang on for the ride on each corner. At least it wonâ€t be a boring ride. I'll be bug eyed keeping her in line. I'll keep you guys posted on what I find out.
also check out the legalities of this mod the good ole cops might not take a liking to it at all
Who cares what steers like, do it bloke, they look horn.
I'd go 330 if possible!Egyptian

Leonard. Biker
There was a mob called HELL TEAM at the bike show that had a wide rear conversion. Also try a vic mob called Bikecraft (03)95852100 bikecraft.net.au they were at the gp with a single side conversion on a gsxr. Good luck and dont forget heaps of picciesPi_thumbsup
[Image: photo3.jpg]
Finding out a bit more as time goes on. Bikecraft sell the Roaring Toyz 240 SSS (Single Sided Swingarm). If I want to go to 300 or 330 it will have to be a conventional style swing arm with a jack shaft. Bikecraft look like they use Roaring Toys again for these. McIntosh & Trac Dynamics look like they do them also. Can anyone suggest the best of these or others?

Correct - The cops will not like this mod at all...............

What the H, maybe I should just go the whole hog - 330.....

Check the below link out. This is what I have in mind. It's a good read.

http://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=11;t=73956
http://www.18889chrome.com/tirekits_330.php

[Image: 158441679-M.jpg]
This mod does not have a name, how about the Nyngan to bourke 240 mod or how does the Nullabor 300 mod sound?
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
Thanks xhiler8r. Now that is what I'm after. That 330 sss is the nuts guts. Has anyone purchased off CSC before? Is there an Aussie contact?
i would be guessing that most of the custom harley guys would be a good place to start as they have the contacts overseas when it comes to these 330 kits otherwise hit glen up from Thunder composites he might know a friend of a friend