De-Stickering!!(F%^$k, SH*T)
G'day all,
After my trip out to the show yesterday I got inspired after seeing so many nice "Busas. I saw plenty of Club stickers too. Can someone let me know where I can get some. This indirectly leads me on to the real reason for this thread. Got home from the show and pulled the fairings of the 'Busa (first time!) No drama there, washed and polished it. All's well so far. Then my pet bugbear reared it's ugly head. Bloody manufacturers stick all these F&^#king annoying compliance and warning stickers all over brand new bikes. Wtf
Anyway I thought it would be a good time to put paid to these ugly things on shiny beast. Grabbed a hold of a corner of one sticker that had already started to lift and.... It shredded!!! once that happened I couldn't get more bits of without a bloody lot of work.Violin Is there a secret to the process. Thanks for any help.
Cheers
Richard
It's a week by week charade.
Here's the secret, you ready?

Um, yeah sorry, got nothing. It took me a long time picking all the little bits off after the first one shredded. Then the second one came off no worries. Who knows why one worked and the other didn't. That was just for the warning labels tho. I took my fairing stickers off no worries.
Yeah...Thanks Pug. You where s'posed to tell me some top secret to get all the tatty scruffy lookin' bits off without any effort!! I half expected what you were going to say though. Friggin' stupid warning stickers, for God's sake. Wtf I work for an engineering co. that does a lot of tooling for other co.'s. Got one of my press tools back today from a well known bio tech company and It had a PINCH HAZARD sticker on it!!! No shit, Sherlock!!! JEEZ LOUISE! I thought the general populace were s'posed to be getting smarter.Showback
hair dryer and a credit card
oh and go to bunnings and buy a bootle of OOMPH to remove the glue
I used Eucalyptus oil and a hair dryer. Good luck.
For club stickers conact DJpete
http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...p?tid=3136&page=4
[Image: photo3.jpg]
LOAFIE Wrote:I used Eucalyptus oil and a hair dryer. Good luck.

+1

Works a treat!
Hairdrier or heatgun & lots of patience. White spirits gets the glue off easy. i found a six pack helped too
be careful what you put on the black panels tho - it can grey it out if you use the wrong thing.
+1 on the OOMPH. Cheap as chips and you'll have it for half a lifetime. Also good when somebody has sticky tape residue to get rid of.
Original owners had already de-stickered mine both times. No pain at all.
Astrobusa Wrote:Original owners had already de-stickered mine both times. No pain at all.

Just remeber when u go to put New stickers on your bike, make sure u have no polish or wax on the bike! the sticker wont stick!
Paper stickers - soak a rag in turps and leave it on the sticker for 2 minutes, then easily wipe all glue and paper off. Clean turps off with metho.

Vinyl stickers - heat gun or hairdryer to remove sticker, as above to remove glue.
Chopper says - "Harden the f*** up Australia"
Thanks All,
I knew there had to be something to make it a bit easier and I thought I remembered some one talking about using a hairdryer to remove stickers before in another post.
Cheers AllClap
Eucalyptus oil has always worked for me.

Also, DJPete is the man with the club stickers, but if you want one in a hurry I think I may have a spare (blue) club sticker somewhere... PM me a postal address and I'll mail it or come around to Marrickville sometime... Pi_thumbsup