Prices on 08
abusa Wrote:If I was a Dealer I wouldnt be cutting the price by that much so soon, especially seeing there are none left in the Warehouse.

Amen to that mate. I didn't do as good as $17.5K, but I didn't pay RRP either. ;-)
Licence Back!
abusa Wrote:I am all for sharing good deals with friends on the board, this was a pretty extraordinary transaction that someone was lucky enough to negotiate, not a shop that was doing them on at a discount!

What do you say to all those that have waited 2 Months and have already paid full price to have the privlege of owning the new Bus first! If you are going to complain about new bike prices it might be best to talk to the Government as they are getting a good cut, dealers dont actually get much from the Sale.

Afraid guys we have hit a new era with the Bus. We have been lucky enough with resale as the Bus has been virtually unchanged for the past 8 years. Now there is a new kid on the block prices will be lower as demand wont be as strong. This is already seen in the second hand prices here on this board.

If I was a Dealer I wouldnt be cutting the price by that much so soon, especially seeing there are none left in the Warehouse. Maybe after Christmas when the Hype has died!

I know what you are saying Shayne but you know me I must have a secret agenda just to help out the fellow members cause i am always telling people where they can get things cheaper I did the same thing I bought that 109 of mine even thou there were apparently none in the country i found one sitting on a show room floor and ask my local dealer to either match the price and bring it up for me or i would send my money to Victoria and buy the bike at the discounted price My dealer saw i wasnt joking and brought the bike up for me and i slipped him $500 cash for his troubles I still got it 2k cheaper than everyone else It pays to be a hard nut cause they do have room to move and they will when they can see a guaranteed sale walking out the door

As for the new kid on the block bring it on the less they are worth the better it will be for all of us that want the old Busa's and their parts might make drag racing a bit more affordable for someone like me
yeah, i don't think the GEN1 busas will nose-dive in value for very long, but if/while they do, that's the time to grab one for that turbo project that is just a dream for a few of us... haha.
Licence Back!
Understand what you are saying Bill. Most of it comes down to the individual though and how hard they want to negotiate.

It is definitely a Buyers Market, my bike has dropped 2K since the announcement of the 08 Busa not particularly happy about that but that is life.
Shayne
Im not worried about Gen.1 losing value.............coz I got de Copper/Silver and I reckon she'd still get $12.5, they are getting harder and harder to find now.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
I was happy with having the best of the last...
But that sorta went to shit now..
Hmm..
TimF Wrote:Yep Louwai has a good point, although, sometimes dealers will ask you specifically not to share the price you got, because they don't want to have to repeat it.

Yeah that's true, but if they can't afford to sell at a particular price too often then they shouldn't do it in the first place. There is NO WAY that ANYONE is not going to tell their friends about a good deal.
It's quite possibly a bit of the old reverse sycology. Tell someone NOT to do it & they WILL..... Therefore more people come looking for a "deal". Out of those, there will only be a few who can haggle. The rest will pay a more. Hence the seller makes more money...
Louwai Wrote:
TimF Wrote:Yep Louwai has a good point, although, sometimes dealers will ask you specifically not to share the price you got, because they don't want to have to repeat it.

Yeah that's true, but if they can't afford to sell at a particular price too often then they shouldn't do it in the first place. There is NO WAY that ANYONE is not going to tell their friends about a good deal.
It's quite possibly a bit of the old reverse sycology. Tell someone NOT to do it & they WILL..... Therefore more people come looking for a "deal". Out of those, there will only be a few who can haggle. The rest will pay a more. Hence the seller makes more money...

Anyone wanting an 08 busa for 17,000 ride away just send a message and I will get back to you.There is no haggiling invovled, I already did that and the result is a good price.In regards to the price of the older models depreciating it is a good bad or bad good situation it depends on which side of the fence you are positioned .I own a 2006 model and im not selling unless i get the price I want,no need to rush a sale because when that happens a lot of dollars go down the toilet,you also have to be realistic on what the market value is.The price I got was the right price for the busa they are not worth anymore than that but if you are happy with what you paid than so be it.If anyone is interested give me a buzz and I will help out ,there are two dealers I can get that price for. 0424-800-999

PS.B-KING AVAILABLE FOR 17,350 RIDE AWAY OR
18,875 WITH EXHAUST+POWER COMMANDER MAPPED (FREE)RIDE AWAY.
The Ant Wrote:Some dealers prefer to sell you a bike through finance because they get a payment from the finance company for organising the finance.

THAT IS CORRECT BUT NOT ALWAYS.SOME TIMES THE INTRODUCTION FEE THAT THE DEALER GETS FROM THE FIANANCE COMPANY IS NOT AS GOOD AS THE SUZUKI TARGET SALES BONUS.SOME DEALERS OPT TO SELL THE BIKE AT BARE MINIMUM PROFIT SO THEY CAN TRY AND GET YOU ON THE ACCESORIES,EXHAUST BLA BLA BLA.SOME DEALERS HERE IN QLD ARE JUST TO EXPENSIVE "NOT TO MENTION ANYONE IN SPECIFIC" AND THEY STILL SELL THEIR STOCK PRESUMABLY TO PEOPLE WHO DO NOT BARGAIN WITH THEM OR DONT HAVE THE ABILITY OR INCLINATION TO DO SO. SAVING A FEW DOLLARS ON YOUR INITAL PURCHASE PRICE IS NO CRIME TO YOUR POCKET.
abusa Wrote:I am all for sharing good deals with friends on the board, this was a pretty extraordinary transaction that someone was lucky enough to negotiate, not a shop that was doing them on at a discount!

What do you say to all those that have waited 2 Months and have already paid full price to have the privlege of owning the new Bus first! If you are going to complain about new bike prices it might be best to talk to the Government as they are getting a good cut, dealers dont actually get much from the Sale.

Afraid guys we have hit a new era with the Bus. We have been lucky enough with resale as the Bus has been virtually unchanged for the past 8 years. Now there is a new kid on the block prices will be lower as demand wont be as strong. This is already seen in the second hand prices here on this board.

If I was a Dealer I wouldnt be cutting the price by that much so soon, especially seeing there are none left in the Warehouse. Maybe after Christmas when the Hype has died!

IF PEOPLE WANT TO HAVE THE PRIV OF OWNING THE FIRST BUSA THEN AS YOU CLEARLY PUT IT THEY HAVE TO PAY FOR THE ILUSION OF BEING FIRST (PRIVILEGE).IN MY OPINION THAT IS CRAP FOR THE SIMPLE REASON THAT FIRST IS WHERE???? IN W.A BIKES ROLLED OUT BEFORE QLD.IN REGARDS TO THE TRANSACTION I DID, THAT IS AVAILABLE TO ANYONE WHO HAS THE MONEY WITH OR WITHOUT FINANCE NOTHING EXTRAORDINARY THERE.ITS A MATTER OF WALKING IN AND DEMANDING WHAT YOU WANT AND IF YOU CANNOT GET WHAT YOU ARE AFTER THAN YOU GO ELSEWHERE AND MAKE SURE THAT THEY KNOW THAT. ON ANOTHER NOTE YOU CANT SAY THAT IF YOU WERE A DEALER YOU WOULD NOT CUT THE PRICE SO SOON WHEN THE NEXT DICKHEAD SELLING BIKES IS PULLING CUSTOMERS IN THE STORE BY DOING JUST THAT,ITS CALLED HEALTHY COMPETTION.I HOPE THEY CHOP THEIR PRICES AND KILL EACH OTHER DOING IT BECAUSE BY THE END OF THE DAY ITS GOOD FOR THE CONSUMER,US.I PAID FOR MY BIKE AND I HAVE NOT PICKED IT UP YET AND THE RESAON FOR THAT IS THAT IM WAITING FOR THAT MISERABLE COMPLAINCE PLATE TO SAY 08 INSTEAD O7IF THAT IS EVEN APLICABLE.THAT ON ITS OWN MAKES RESALE VALUE AN ISSUE WITH SOME PEOPLE.I HAVE NO RUSH AND AS SHREDDER EXPLAINED TO ME WHEN WE WENT FOR A TEST RIDE ON THE B-KING SIMPLE LETTERS ON A BIKE THAT MEANT NOTHING TO ME BEFORE ARE AN INDICATION OF HOW THE BIKE WAS MANUFACTURED AND IF I CAN GET WHAT I WANT AT THE PRICE I DEEM ACCEPTABLE THAN IM HAPPY.
I think when buying the new 08's especially first or second batch it really makes no diff whether it has 07 or 08 on the compliance plate. I agree normally it makes a big diff especially when buying Gen1 whether its an 05, 06, or 07, but as I said for these new models I really cant see it being a factor as its a complete new generation. just my opinion.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.