Removing the 08 side cowling
The pics do not show....
[quote='Troppo' pid='242873' dateline='1305063297']
The pics do not show....
[/quote

same Troppo i went onto the busanation site to look at the pictures to remove the side cowling as i want to fit LEDs and the thought of removing them scares the shit outa me but no pictures i wonder if you have to join busanation to acces them. HELP. Undecided

SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
Here's a link, hope it helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpn61RAlt6E
hey guys,who pinched the pictures on th 08 fairing removal,I had them some time ago and now their gone,only the words there.I have looked at other sites but this one was the best Coolsmiley
Did you go onto the USA busa forum??
Here is a link but for some reason I cannot open the pictures.

http://www.busanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174
(27-07-2011, 11:42am)piperjon Wrote: Did you go onto the USA busa forum??
Here is a link but for some reason I cannot open the pictures.

http://www.busanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174

Can any of you guy's see the pictures on Buasnation forum???????

Thanks John
hey guys,just removed the right side fairing with no problems.the utube fella said to remove the push pins on the left side also but that is not needed,only 11 items removed on the rightside.1st I took the 2 out where the left and right side join underneath at the front and then the one inside fairing near the bottom of the radiator and the one inside fairing right up front just below right blinker.Then removed 2 just in front of the rear wheel underneath and then the last pushpin up top near the front brake lever and thats all the pushpins done,7 all up.Then the 2 alan keys near front brake lever and the one in middle of fairing and lastly the one near the rear brake lever,and thats the 11.The black section that runs alongside the tank has a gromet halfway along it,and this black section has to be lifted directly upwards(same as the gen1),and I find it easy if you raise the tank.And thats it guys,a few little jiggles and of it comes.Now to see if its that easy to put back. Lol2
(31-07-2011, 03:08pm)davecrowley Wrote: hey guys,just removed the right side fairing with no problems.the utube fella said to remove the push pins on the left side also but that is not needed,only 11 items removed on the rightside.1st I took the 2 out where the left and right side join underneath at the front and then the one inside fairing near the bottom of the radiator and the one inside fairing right up front just below right blinker.Then removed 2 just in front of the rear wheel underneath and then the last pushpin up top near the front brake lever and thats all the pushpins done,7 all up.Then the 2 alan keys near front brake lever and the one in middle of fairing and lastly the one near the rear brake lever,and thats the 11.The black section that runs alongside the tank has a gromet halfway along it,and this black section has to be lifted directly upwards(same as the gen1),and I find it easy if you raise the tank.And thats it guys,a few little jiggles and of it comes.Now to see if its that easy to put back. Lol2
oops,forgot to mention,the first 2 pushpins you take out underneath that joins the 2 halfs together,pull that section apart towards the end of removing all the others and it will come apart easy.
Hi,

Gee I think having to fuel tank sitting up sure does help the black top ones as you can see the pins. My right black piece pin is broken off, but does not seem to be a problem yet. Does any one know what sticks to the stuff?? what is it PBS??
ABS, or what ever does any know what glue to use that sticks to this plastic??????????????
Thanks John
Took off the right and left side of the fairing and back on again,its not to hard to do,just need a lot of patience and time,next time will be a lot easier. Lol2
Thanks Dave very helpful ..I'm old school and like written instuctions rather than a vid