gsxr1000 vs busa 08
hey guys, doing some reseaRCH. i have had 3 gsxr1000s,04 and 2 06s.the last 1 has 30,000kms+ in 1 year of riding(reaD 'ride it like u stole it' since 0kms on odo.not a problem.only changed 5 sets of tyres ,oil, oil filters and 4 plugs.ran a hotbodiesracing slash cut exhaust (http://www.hotbodiesracing.com/gsxr05_ut_exhaust.php4 )on it. noisy MFer.110db.
now its time to upgrade.
thers only 2 choices -a gsxr1000 08 or a busa 08.never ridden a busa before.
am sure a few of u guys have ridden both .
am into fast knee down on street riding style. dont like 1st gear 15kmph twistie stuff.much faster knee draggin roads like burringbar,hinze,putty,omeo, snowies etc
the issue with the gsxr1k is it gets outdated every2 years.busa has more product life.more presence.

attached is a pic of my bike at natural arch region qld.

how would u guys who have busas compare it with the 1kgsxr?
u r valued opinions pls.
did anyone mention to you a busa is 60kg heavier than a gsxr1000.Sure they accelerate as good and would be more stable in bumpy high speed stuff but knee draggin wouldn,t suit a stock busa,valved and sprung maybe but you,d be going stupid fast and perhaps track days would keep you on this planet a little longer.I ride on the road and the track and treat the two very differently.Most guys here love the ability to customise the bike,cruise with heaps of lowend grunt and not have to have weakly appointments with their chiro.If your after an all out bike you,ll have to mod it or it,ll go to mush.tyres won,t last as long accelerating the same rate as a 60kg lighter bike.Thats as frank as i can put it.Best of luck.
60kgs? i thought the busa weighed in a 220 dry. get rid of the pipes and thats atleast 10-15kgs.like 230 wet?the k6 weighed in at 161 dry. lost the huge titanium exhaust.hotbodies were like 1.5kgs. so about 175 wet.164rwhp.
busa 190rwhp with 230 kgs maybe?
the k6 1k was like being on crack.rabid as hell. maybe i just need to test ride a k8 or even a gen1 busa to see how it feels.had a vfr800 few years ago that dialled in at 220kgs. so was trying to compare. vfr was agile. had 100 horses less.
thanks fer the info though.
Hey Stormsearcher,
I have never done a trackday on my busa and have never had my knee down on one either.
I suppose what you don't know you don't miss.

What I have done on the busa is over 70,000 ks in 3 years and loved every minute of it with no pain.

I do the Putty Rd nearly every month and many other scratcher tracks.
I do not find the weight of the busa a hindrance in any way and the only serious mod that I would recommend is to braid up the brake lines.
It certainly won't be a match for the GIXXER in a twistie ride off, but it will eat it up for high speed and distance.
I suggest you ride before you buy but you can't test a busa in town mate.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
[attachment=1875][attachment=1876]
took at local toy run last week mate bought it only three days old looks hot as
remove those pregnant pipes, get a tail tidy.and a slash cut exhaust.will look hotter. how do i post a pic on this thread?
You will find the answers to most questions in the Frequently Asked Questions discussion threads.
Here is the one your looking for.
http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...p?tid=6551
Regards BUSGO
Forget dry weight dude.a gen 1 busa full of fuel weighs 254kg.A gen 2 is closer to 260kg.A k5 full of fuel weighs 203-205kg(facts not fiction)Yes if you want to lighten a busa you can pull 30kg off it.My gen 1 weighs 229kg full tank and kawasukis weigh approx 224kg full tank but theirs 1.5-2 good 2nd hand busa in money spent there.BAng for buck, and exhaust will lose at least 10kg for 16-1800 bucks but lighter wheels make the biggest improvement in how the bike steers.Busa wheels are quite heavy.Unless the road is dead smooth nothing will get away from a light well ridden busa on the road.If i did mine again it would be carbon wheels,better brakes and a light full system ,and suspension.The rest takes the smoothness away.I also have a vfr800 so can relate.A stock busa feels about 50kg heavier at low speed because of its forward weight bias.As the speed climbs the bike is more stable and about the same effort to steer.Put light wheels on a busa(and a 190/55 rear) and it steers like a vfr at low speed and easier at high speed due to the lighter wheels and steeper rake.i have ridden the vfr alot before the busa and had a rude shock owning the busa.Just now it feels a bit better at low speed and a fair bit better at high speed.Suzukis geometry and weight bias is very differnt to a honda and took me a lot of time and effort to get comfortable with it.some love a 200 rear its just comes down what you are used to.
spamanglenn Wrote:If i did mine again it would be carbon wheels,

Sorry for Hijacked, but this was a problem I faced a year or so ago. I had the opportunity to pick up a set of carbon wheels for my Daytona from the UK. Problem was, no local tyre dealer would touch them (change tyres, balance, etc) due to the cost involved if they damaged one. Wtf
Mate all i can say is you have to ride both,me i prefer
the busa,but if youve been on 1000's your whole life then
i dont know..
Might be hard..

Currently im riding a k6 1000 (thanks to afreind) an compared
to my busa
there manic as. Quite the handful in there power delivery.
I suppose you have to get used to them,i cant
really comment
on corners cuz i aint no knee slider but whatever speed i
usually take a corner in the busa the 1000 add another
10k ontop without even trying.
1 thing i love especially about the gix is the way it
stops. Comparing to 07 busa anyhow. I can brake using
with 1 finger on the lever,with the busa,it reminds me
of my charger,doesnt stop for shit in standard form an
remembering what the dealer said to me about ' 2 finger
stoppies ' makes me wanna go there an slap the taste out
of his mouth for just talking crap.

I was on the same boat as you when
i was buying,but never ridden the gix or busa..
Everyon knows what i went home with Coolsmiley
stuart_tlr1000 Wrote:took at local toy run last week mate bought it only three days old looks hot as

Mate when i saw that model in person i was EekSmitten
An the gold/copper an black version. god they look good.
hmm pretty good opinions.i was mistaken in thinking the 08 busa was lighter.am a small person(read 5'8 65kgs no fat on me )on the gixxer i did 1500 km days with no hazzles.)
for me the busa has more presence on the road./top end is more than the gixxer.comfy fer the pillion.and model life is more.
gixxer -never ever bores in power. even if i have had 3 of them.amazing. very forgiving. can trail the brakes into the corner so deep its unbelievalble.suspension set(07/08 includes high/low speed damping/rebound) up to drop the bike into a corner like a dead man.and bullet proff. uncomfy fer pillion unless they are 50kg skinny ass chiks. model life -2 years and then outdated.brakes are great.

a stealth black 08gsxr1000 with m4 slashcut that eliminates the cat (112db)8bhp increase sounds great.
love the radical look of the 08 /red black/blue gold/
jeez decision making is a tough process.
pic of my k6.help cant upload a pic. i went to post new reply. browsed and attached a pic but it goes back to the previous screen after taking its time where the green bars signifying the attachment process is done.
After you have attached the picture, you need to place the curser in your post where you want it to appear and then go back down to the bottom and click on Insert into post button.

The GOLD / BLACK GIXXER 1000 is the 2ND best bike on the road..

The Orange / Black BUSA is the BEST AND CHEAPER!!!
Regards BUSGO
1K is built for a smoker, you see them on the side of the road having a durrie and giving the wrists a rest. Simmo has installed a cigar lighter on his Busa but still has to work out an ash tray!!!
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"